Bonaire Jan 25 - Some Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tkaelin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So Jetblue entering the NY market for nonstops flights to Bon for half of the United fare has us looking at a winter trip. Our last trip was May 2022 and we pretty much dove house reefs at Capt Dons (Buddys, Capt Dons & Cliff) and boat dives. Looking to visit some of our favorite shore dives this time.

I know we purchase park passes on line. It looks like the entry tax we pay on line as well. Is this correct?

We would like to dive Bari again and I recall there was a lot of construction and changes since the last time we dove it which may have been 10 years ago. Any advice or guidance on how to dive it today - how do we access and where do we park?

Will probably head south to dive a double wall site like angel city and would like to dive salt pier. Disinfecting question. I understand the general rule of going from cleaner green to orange to red. If I want to dive salt pier currently yellow and then angel city currently red, how and where can I disinfect between dives? Is there some disinfecting station out that way?

Am I supposed to disinfect between dives if going from a yellow (say Salt Pier) and then yellow (say Alice in Wonderland)?

There was a restaurant near buddys/capt dons that had a pre fix chef prepared meal that was supposed to be excellent and reservations needed to be made well in advance. What is the name and is it still in existence? A quick search failed to find it.

We will stay at Capt Dons and I see you now have the choice of booking directly with them as opposed to having to book through Maduro Has anyone have any experience booking directly with Capt Dons? I also have the choice of booking through JB as well. Times they be a changing :)

Thanks in advance to all who respond.

I know we purchase park passes on line. It looks like the entry tax we pay on line as well. Is this correct?
Park pass (BMP tags) at Bonaire Nature Fee | STINAPA - STINAPA.
Entry tax at Bonaire Visitor Tax Official Page.
We would like to dive Bari again and I recall there was a lot of construction and changes since the last time we dove it which may have been 10 years ago. Any advice or guidance on how to dive it today - how do we access and where do we park?
The construction is finished. There is some parking on site, but not much.
Will probably head south to dive a double wall site like angel city and would like to dive salt pier. Disinfecting question. I understand the general rule of going from cleaner green to orange to red. If I want to dive salt pier currently yellow and then angel city currently red, how and where can I disinfect between dives? Is there some disinfecting station out that way?

Am I supposed to disinfect between dives if going from a yellow (say Salt Pier) and then yellow (say Alice in Wonderland)?
See the STINAPA rules and public rinse stations sites at Bonaire National Marine Park.
No need to disinfect if staying in the same color or if going from green to yellow or yellow to red.
There was a restaurant near buddys/capt dons that had a pre fix chef prepared meal that was supposed to be excellent and reservations needed to be made well in advance. What is the name and is it still in existence? A quick search failed to find it.
CHEFS. https://chefsbonaire.com/. Only a few seats left during Jan and Feb. Reserve NOW!

Awesome. Thank you so much for the help

So is bari access through the newly constructed public park? Are there any signs? When we there in 22 we did not see any obvious access

So is bari access through the newly constructed public park? Are there any signs? When we there in 22 we did not see any obvious access
I haven't been there since the park was finished (it only opened two weeks ago), but I'll be there in August and will let you know.

Enjoy your trip!

Summer and Winter Travel & Adventure Show Specials

Check out this special on Captain Dons website. The Garden View rooms are the new ones around the new pool. Should be called Pool View?
We booked this thru their website for a couple weeks Aug/Sept.

Check out this special on Captain Dons website. The Garden View rooms are the new ones around the new pool. Should be called Pool View?
We booked this thru their website for a couple weeks Aug/Sept.
They were constructing these units and area when we stayed at Capt. Don's in '22. They look nice but not sure they have a water view. Enjoy your trip

They were constructing these units and area when we stayed at Capt. Don's in '22. They look nice but not sure they have a water view. Enjoy your trip
No they don't have seawater view
The special is for all the rooms, new, old and older ones also, even the bugalows.

he special is for all the rooms, new, old and older ones also, even the bugalows.
Did you book through Maduro? I see you can now book directly with Capt Dons on their website which I believe is new. Also JetBlue now also provides for a Capt Don's booking when you combine flight and hotel.

Back
Top Bottom