Bonaire Invasion Central

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have had a few people PM me about the boat diving. Boat dives are morning 2 tank dives except for the first day which is 1 tank.

So I must ask, is the arrival day, Sat June 22nd, the day of only 1 boat dive, leaving Friday June 28th a off gas day, which of course then I must also ask, what time the boat leaves, and what time the welcome party is?

Or is Saturday set aside for arrivals, welcome party that night, with Sunday the day of only 1 scheduled boat dive, then five more days of two scheduled boat dives, with no full day set aside for off gassing?

Yes, I know I am a pain, I just hate to assume anything.

I am just trying to figure out what days and what times to schedule my flights.

Thanks,

Keith

I am going!! My first trip to Bonaire!!! Woo Hoo!! Surely there are no monkeys there :wink:

One might never know... There are donkeys, goats and flamingos.:wink:

So I must ask, is the arrival day, Sat June 22nd, the day of only 1 boat dive, leaving Friday June 28th a off gas day, which of course then I must also ask, what time the boat leaves, and what time the welcome party is?

Or is Saturday set aside for arrivals, welcome party that night, with Sunday the day of only 1 scheduled boat dive, then five more days of two scheduled boat dives, with no full day set aside for off gassing?

Thanks,

Keith

Sorry, I'm not sure on that. Cardzard can answer that for you when he gets home later today.

Thanks,

Keith

Depending on which airline you choose to fly will depend on that. I will be on United, and it leaves Houston Friday @ 11:59pm, and get into Bonaire Saturday morning, around like 5 am (just in time to get Saturday worth of diving in.) So if you count Saturday, the 6th day of diving will be Thursday, so Friday is a day of off gassing. The return flight home on United is Saturday morning, early.

The last time I was down there, I got an orientation before diving, it even included a video.

It's short unless they redid the video in the last few years.

GR8FULDIVER and I are going just put the deposit down and got the air fair booked!!!! Bonaire here we come!!!!!!!!!!! Flying out of Washington Reagan DC and will in Bonaire around 2:00!! SO EXCITED! :D

Thanks,

Keith

Great question Keith

Saturday - Arrival and welcome party
Sunday - dive package starts and 1 tank boat
Mon-Fri - 2 tank morning boat dives
Friday - Goodbye cocktail party
UNLIMITED shore diving Sunday thru Friday (24 hours a day)

Both parties tentatively set at 8pm

For those arriving early enough on Saturday an extra day of shore diving can be added for 29.00 and also get you orientation out of the way.

Orientation is MANDATORY for everyone. Basically a short film and everybody buys their marine park pass ( cost 25.00 not included in our package ) this is mandated by the government.

Or you can go in early on Friday and stay for 2 weeks like me :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom