Bonaire info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bart just emailed me a couple of days ago and didn't say anything about working at the Sand Dollar. On his wannadive website he mentions only City Cafe and Eden Beach. I will have to write and ask him about that.

As far as renting tanks and keeping them until the next morning, we have done that before, but I don't think we asked first. I wouldn't want to leave a tank in the back of a truck over night unless it was parked in a secure area.

I can't wait to get back to Bonaire and see all of our friends. And I can't wait to have some Tira Misu for dessert. I hope the Swiss Chalet is still there. Good diving, ksnooks

Originally posted by hawgfish
Has anyone that has been to Bonaire recently stayed at the Carib, Bruce Bowkers Inn, I'm not sure thats the the correct spelling. Any info? Thanks, Hawgfish.

Yup. Nice, smaller resort. A group of us rented the house there and cooked our own meals. It made for a very relaxed, economical vacation.

Cheers,

g2

I know I'm getting crazy about this subject, but does anyone know the closest dive op to the Carib Inn. The one tank policy concerns me. Everyplace I've been, getting a tank has never been a problem, I really don't expect it to be a problem at this particular resort, as if your requests are reasonable there is usually no problem. BUT, I like to plan my options. I like to dive at night and at dawn and do not want to hassle about getting air.

Hawgfish:
I use Toucan diving when I'm in Bonaire, and always will for future trips. www.toucandiving.com
You should also look up www.interknowledge.com/bonaire
And here is the number for the tourist board .. 1 800 826-6247 The will send you a bunch of things, free.
Hope this helped.

Thanks once again, even though the weather has been mild up to now, serious cabin fever coming on. I had planned to do an ice dive just for fun, NW Indiana, Feb, no ice. Go figure.

natasha,
I called 800-826-6247 on 2/19/02 I don't think I got the tourist board. There was a fast talking invitation to call another 800#.(The subject matter here was not quite up my ally) I would like the real 800 for the Bonaire tourist comm if you have it.
Thanks

Please do, if I get to go it will be in early apr. This will be my first blue water dive. I am REALLY hoping it happens. Everything I hear says Bonaire is a great place for someone with my level of skill.

Silverfish:
You're right. They turned it into some 800 talk line. That's so weird.
Well. I do have their address.
10 Rockefeller Plaza
suite 900 NY NY 10020
Unless they have moved and changed their phone number that is the contact I have for them.
So sorry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom