Bonaire info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Natasha, that's ok. I was dumb enough to call the 800# they gave...got a laugh out of it. That made it worth while. I do like 800 #'s if you get a new one. I probably won't write for info. I just never make the time to sit down and do it.

I appreciate your efforts.

So, my first shore dives using Toucan (at the Plaza) I pulled up to the dive shop with my trusty little pickemup and started loading tanks. I started to get nervous when I hit six, but we were planning a number of dives that day and didn't want to return before night set in.

A couple of the DM's walked by as we were loading tanks and no one batted an eye. I thought we were in for a hassle when one of them asked where we were planning on diving, but we answered truthfully and their response was "kewl." One even suggested laying a wet towel over the pile to keep them cooled down.

As far as I know, most of the operations will let you take as many tanks as you need. If you're planning a day of five dives for two people, the only requirement is that you have a big enough truck.

Then again, if you're not sure, why not call or email before you commit and ask?

Thanks for the info, we are staying at the Carib, which has a one tank policy, but from what I've read I think if you are reasonable and responsible getting the tanks we need will not be a problem. Right next door is the Flamingo which I'm told has a more liberal policy, only 5 weeks to go, and we are ready now. The constraints are truly unfair, I believe somewhere in the Constitution it states that every American is entitled to 6 free months of diving, I just can't convince my boss.

Silverfish:
I was at the Adventure Show here in Chicago yesterday. The Bonaire tourist board was there.
Their new number is 1- 800- Bonaire.
Kinda easy huh? I called it today, and it works.
They'll send you maps and goodies if you ask.
Have fun!

Natasha, Thanks a bunch. I am not going to get to make the trip to Bonaire this time. It is definiteley in my future somewhere tho.

What is an "Adventure show"?

Back
Top Bottom