Bonaire In November - Wet or Just Damp?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ontdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
According to some stats I read, November is one of the wettest months in Bonaire. Was kind of leaning towards the early part of that month, but not keen on daily rain, if indeed that is the case. Interested in hearing from those who have been to Bonaire in November. Thanks.

Went the last week of October last time and it did rain a few times but just a quick shower, it didn't really keep us from enjoying our trip. Viz was about 60-80.

I have not been it November but have been in October and December. I really couldn't tell a difference between the two weatherwise. Got some showers both times and the viz was the same. Skeeters were hungry both months! The water was a bit cooler but still high 70s in December. I am sure November is just fine, we may go there in November ourselves this year.

Rain showers on Bonaire typically last no more than a few minutes, then they are gone and most of the time it's early in the morning. I have only seen it cloudy for more that half hour or so once and that was last July. They only get 22 inchs per year so odds of you getting enough rain to be a bother is pretty low reguardless of the time of year.

As I lived on Curaçao and B for 17 years I can tell you it rains sometimes - quick showers mostly. But it can also rain for day's on end. But it's always warm. The only drawback is, that when it really rains, the viz goes down due to mud entering the water, more so on C than on B by the way.

I was there Nov 6 - 20, 2013. One morning thunderstorm that lasted a few hours and a couple of showers. It was a lot hotter and more humid than when I went in early January.

Oh and I should have mentioned there is an upside to go at this time too, warmer water (yes!) and less tourists!

I think some of the responders are sugar coating things. I was in Bonaire a few years ago in November, The wind was coming in from the west and it rained steadily for a week straight. Some of the roads were washed out, the parking lot at
Plaza had 6 inches of standing water and most of the diving was blown out because of fresh water run off and visability of about 10 feet.

I've been other years in November and just had showers for a few hours at a time but you should know that it can rain unbelievably in November.

Back
Top Bottom