Bonaire in August - Thoughts & Advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Check with Liz at Golden Reef Inn. Even if you don't stay at GRI, she'll have great Bonaire advice for you. Unless you have solid reasons not to, I'd urge going the rental truck route. There is very little in the way of traffic to contend with on Bonaire, truck rentals aren't all that expensive in a stay/dive/drive pkg and there are waayyy too many great sites within miles of the center of town. Too far to walk or swim to, no hassle to drive to. Of course the sites are accessible by boat from a resort op but the island somehow just seems more tectonically "designed" (uh, can I use that word on this Forum??) for small pick'em truck shore diving. Especially if you like calling the shots on arrival and departure times...//ww

SafetyStopBait:
i followed the link but what's the gist of the market place forum?

Leads on offers, packages and places to go. Find something of interest and make contact.

If you're not going to rent a truck, you can buy a boat diving package where you'll always have at least the divemaster for a 'buddy'.

Rent a truck. If you do not, you will miss the other half of what "diving freedom" really is and the true Bonaire experience. Having said that, another option is Wannadive Hut. Bart and Bob might just offer you a package you can't refuse. It's a no frills hotel 1 block off the water, and easy to find a buddy there.
http://www.wannadivehutbonaire.com/pagina.aspx?p=23

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom