Bonaire in April for under $1200 including Airfare

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Waterskier1

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all,

I think I have found a deal on ScubaBoard for a week in Bonaire, including room w/daily breakfast, unlimited air, a truck, and airfare out of Denver for just under $1200. That is double occupancy. I'd really like to go (even though I just got back a couple weeks ago) and am wondering if anyone here would like to share this trip with me. Here is the basic trip, but airfare (still waiting on final cost and schedule) from Denver is slightly higher.

I don't think we'll have much time to snap up this great price, so let me know if you might be interested ASAP.

Edit: Looks like this trip will depart DEN Apr 15 @ 8:40 AM, and arrive in Bonaire late that night. Return is Depart Bonaire Apr 22 at 6:00 AM, and arrive DEN at 9:00 PM. Cost is $1,190.00 per person, double occupancy. Price my change after 24 hours. (Airfare)

-Rick

Where did you find that deal? I really want to go somewhere in June (Bonaire, Curacao) and that's the perfect price.

If you click on my link in the original post, it would take you to this ScubaBoard post:

Bonaire Trip With Airfare Starting At $999.00 Pp

The ad say this price is good for April, and in my discussion with Liz yesterday she said she only had two rooms left at this price, and the airfare was subject to change after 24 hours (which is understandable).

This is the begining of the slow season for Bonaire, and it is less than a month away. Both these can add up to great savings if the resort and the airlines are underbooked a month out, which is probably a contributing factor to this low rate. I was there 2 weeks ago, traveling with a large group (~50+) and even with that large of a group, and plans set in motion a year in advance, the price was more than $200/person more (and I thought that was a great deal)!

Give Liz a chance, she may be able to work something out for you.

That's a great price. However, I am heading to Bonaire in May with Singledivers. Our price is that + airfare.

Hey Bumblebee,

I know you live in SC. My dive buddy and I found the Continental flight out of Atlanta for $478 including taxes. We booked at Golden Reef Inn (I stayed there in December and it's great). Total vacation for about $1100 including breakfast, diving, truck and room. I booked straight from the Continental website. We are going June 29-July 6. Hopefully that airfare is still available. Good Luck!

We are looking for a trip in late May and if we can get anything close to this price it looks like we'll be going to Bonaire for the first time!

We are looking for a trip in late May and if we can get anything close to this price it looks like we'll be going to Bonaire for the first time!

Here ya go! Liz has extended it through May. You'll have to email her (email directly versus PM for faster results) to see what she might have. I was in Bonaire the first week of March (last month) again, and was hoping to get someone else interested on this deal. I didn't post the update to include May, due to last of response. And, it's already posted on the Board. I would love to go again - but I can' go around Memorial Day (May 22 - 28), because I have to patrol at Lake Powell, but could the previous week, or the following week, if I could find a "buddy/roommate" to share expenses. That cost is per person, double occupancy.

Schweeeet. Email sent. Just have to see how exorbitant the extra airfare from Denver will be.

We will probably be going Memorial Day week or thereabouts, as our wedding anniversary is May 26th and that's half the purpose of this trip. :wink:

Just booked tickets and a 1 week stay at GRI; we'll be in Bonaire May 24th - 31st. Thanks for the heads up Rick, you started us on the path to our first Bonaire vacation! We're so excited!!!!

Matt & Lila

That's great Matt. If you have any questions, please give me a shout. I've been there twice in the last 13 months. You'll be using the same dive op - Wanna Dive. Bob and Bart are super guys! And, you got weekend travel. That's even better than what I was looking at. The price Liz quoted me was for mid-week travel. And, you'll be there over Memorial weekend - not that they celebrate it, but it is a busier time for Americans.

I know you love it. But don't let it turn you into a WWW!

Back
Top Bottom