Bonaire in a week - conditions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow...sounds awesome. I can't wait until I'm there.

Lucky, lucky you, Lisa

I'm feeling incredibly lucky T.C. Even the flight down on Insel Air was smooth and on time and my baggage was the first off the plane!

Boat, I am a terrible judge of vis and current but vis was as good as I have ever seen it here at Cliff and Oil slick, easily 100 feet and only slightly less at Bari but still excellent. There was just a slight north to south current at Bari reef.

Headed down to do some southern reefs tomorrow then shore dive the east side with Bas on Tuesday if the weather permits.

You guys should come on down.

Ya got to love Bonaire!

Lisa

I'm feeling incredibly lucky T.C. Even the flight down on Insel Air was smooth and on time and my baggage was the first off the plane!
That's always a good feeling to see your baggage arrive. Plus, it's good to be the first through Customs.

Headed down to do some southern reefs tomorrow then shore dive the east side with Bas on Tuesday if the weather permits.
Diving the East side? You are a daring one. Let us all know how that goes!

You guys should come on down.
Ya got to love Bonaire!
Lisa
I plan too. But the job dictates that I wait until September. But I'm already dreaming of it; I paid my LDS for the trip, did my leave paperwork, and bought the ticket.

The clock is ticking!
:D

Lisa,

Try to get up to Carals Vision if you haven't been up there before. You may want to take an smb and a 4# weight to mark the exit. The coral is right up to the surface and you have to enter/exit through a chute.

Hi Boat,

Did the southern dives today. Cloudy and much breezier. Still nice dives. I think the water temp on my computer is off because the water feels cooler then the 79 degree readings so I asked some fellow divers. They had readings from 75 to 76 and I think that is closer.

If the wind stays up tomorrow I doubt we will get to do the east side as planned. I do not know Carals Vision. Could it by chance have another name as well?

I think I found it on a map and its just before Nukove. Looks like it is the one i heard called Candyland. We actually tried to find it last year but turned too soon and got lost. We hope to try again Thursday.

My next child could be named Karpata. Have lots of fun !

We did Nukove last year but after 10minutes in the water we bailed due to the extreme current. I think it tends to be high at times and we hit a bad day. Will make another go at it next week pending conditions.

Would like to do something east but not anticipating a drop in the prevailing winds.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom