Bonaire Help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Herman,

Great Pictures!!!!!! Hey, as a new diver (many years ago), I loved Windsock, it's shallow, easy entry, lots of fish, coral, eels, etc. Also loved a lot of the southern dives, my favorite was the slave huts. The soft corals start shallow and you can see alot. Also, they are in a bit of an alcove, so the current (not that it can't be) is usually not so strong. I can make one suggestion though...do the north dives in the morning, and the southern dives in the afternoon. The north waters get a little choppy in the afternoon and exiting can sometimes be a bear...I know from scraped knees many years ago....

Hugs to All
Liz

My wife and I just got back from Bonaire. We had never dove in the ocean
before and had only done about 5 dives in texas lakes since our OW cert.
We stayed at Capt Don's and had a fantastic time.
Here is a WEB page that my wife put together about our trip and
experience.
Bill and Terrie's Bonair Trip

--- bill

Strong currents can pop up at any of the sites from time to time. I think it would be a mistake to pass up the sites south of the Salt pier. Red Beryl is one of my favorites and I never had a strong current there. Margates is also nice and one of the easier shore entries on the island - except for Oil Slick.

Angel City is one of the best for schools of fish if you are comfortable swimming out to the second reef. The top of that reef is is in the 40-50 ft range.

You'll drive yourself crazy if you try to see all the reefs :) I usually pick two or three and only do those for the entire trip.

Back
Top Bottom