Bonaire - Dive Operator Recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We used BDA. Once you get through the long orientation they are fine, and convenient to Den Laman. You just walk to your dock, it's a no-brainer. Don't complicate your vacation.

We've been to Bonaire 3 times and stayed at Sand Dollar. Our experience with BD&A has been excellent and the house reef, Bari Reef, is absolutely fantasic day and night. After a little expereince post certification, the reef would be a great place for you and your wife to dive independently. The orientation can be quite tedious, especially if led by Andre. Repeat visitors can take a short course that is far less painful. The dive with the naturalist course with Jerry Lignon should not be missed, one of the most valuable training experiences I've had. The DM led boat dives from BD&A are ideal for a newly certified diver gaining confidence.

Ex-BD&A employee, Wietze Koopman, really is extraordinary. He is now at Bonaire East Coast Diving (ex-Larry's Wild Side). I would highly recommend at least a day of diving on the East coast for a real change of pace. This may not be a dive for your wife soon after certification.

BD&A is directly downstairs from Den Lamen, personally, I would take advantage of the convenience and dive with this very good operation.

Good diving, Craig

Scuba Steve,
I do have some experience with Carib Inn. They are a great outfit and Gary is a great instructor. But I can't really see going from Den Laman to the Carib Inn on a daily basis. Just me but as said before you're better off with the affiliated dive operation. Just not worth the hassle and on Bonaire there aren't any bad ones. Maybe better ones :) but no bad ones!

Chauncy19 is right on. Besides from tanks, there is very little that you need from the dive operators. Rolling out of bed, grabbing some nitrox and going north or south is pretty much the extent of my thinking while I am there. Bart and Jeffrey are funny guys, but I wouldn't travel off my resort just for the tank supplier

I recommend Wannadive, also. We didn't take any classes with them but we were hooked up with them for our shore diving and did a boat dive with them. They were very accomodating and they are close to where you are staying.

Wanna Dve used them last June and they were great. Always a supply of tanks, went to Klein Bonaire with them and a group of about 8, no problems. All the staff were friendly, and always invited you out at night for drinks. Can't say anything negetive about this dive operation.

If I need to get tanks again, I will absolutely use Wanna Dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom