Bonaire dive op

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like Buddy Dive as well, did a trip with them just before covid, had a wonderful time. Now that things are calming down again, I'm looking into returning later this year or possibly 2022. Looks like Buddy Dive's website buddydive.com is down, I keep getting "error 522: connection timed out" when I try to load it.

Does anybody know whether the good folks at Buddy Dive are still doing business?

Sounds like an issue with your ISP - I have been happily planning a trip on Buddy's website for the last couple hours.

I like Buddy Dive as well, did a trip with them just before covid, had a wonderful time. Now that things are calming down again, I'm looking into returning later this year or possibly 2022. Looks like Buddy Dive's website buddydive.com is down, I keep getting "error 522: connection timed out" when I try to load it.

Does anybody know whether the good folks at Buddy Dive are still doing business?
still in business :)

OK, thanks, good to hear. Still having issues with their website, I guess I'll give them a call.

I recall having problems with their website once before, what browser are you using?

I recall having problems with their website once before, what browser are you using?
Chrome and FireFox on my laptop, and Chrome and AdBlock browser on my phone, tried both through my work VPN and outside of it. Seems like the pages load about 5% - 10% of the time, and fail the rest of the time. No idea what's going on here. One thing I know for sure is that debugging network problems is a righteous PITA, so I'm not all that motivated to figure it out :banghead:. Just knowing that they're still open is good enough for me to give 'em a call though!

Chrome and FireFox on my laptop, and Chrome and AdBlock browser on my phone, tried both through my work VPN and outside of it. Seems like the pages load about 5% - 10% of the time, and fail the rest of the time. No idea what's going on here. One thing I know for sure is that debugging network problems is a righteous PITA, so I'm not all that motivated to figure it out :banghead:. Just knowing that they're still open is good enough for me to give 'em a call though!
You've got a problem on your end. I'm on their website nearly daily and I've never seen a failure (Chrome).
What is it you want to call them about? There may be better options....

Can anyone recommend a dive op?

I haven't been to Bonaire before, looking for;

Drive through tank pick up
A couple boat dives to mix it up
Possibly a guide for the first day, this may save time in getting acquainted with island/dive spots and tips on shore diving as most of what we have done is boat.

I reached out to Buddies however no response.

Thanks

Wannadive for tanks is good. (AB for pickup rentals).
Boat dives to Klien or the Wild Side (Bonaire East Coast Diving) could add to the mix.
Bas Tol is a very knowledgable shore dive guide.

You've got a problem on your end. I'm on their website nearly daily and I've never seen a failure (Chrome).
What is it you want to call them about? There may be better options....
Networking problems, man. They are the worst kind of problems. Thanks for the data point.

I want to figure out a ballpark timeline and price point for a ~week vacation for 2 people, some time in late 2021 / early 2022. I've heard good things about their competition as well of course, but I had a great time at Buddy Dive last year, wouldn't say no to a repeat.

I couldn't stand not blowing bubbles any longer. Was able to book a week at Buddy Dive in September but had to take out a second mortgage to pay the airfare for Delta.
Buddy Dive prices look about the same as last year. $1368 pp Dive and Drive, one bedroom with unlimited air/nitrox and 6 boat dives.
No problems with the Buddy Dive website. They have a toll free number as well if you are having internet issues.
1 866 462-8339

I've stayed at a number of other places on Bonaire, but Buddy Dive, for me has always had a nice combination of good convenient house reef, accommodation, dive op and services. I don't think there is a better spot on island for scenic ocean front breakfasts. The fact that room, diving and truck are all in the same package means booking is one step and stress free.

I know this thread is about dive op choices. I have only good things to say about this one and think it will meet the OPs needs re drive through, boat dives etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom