Bonaire dive op

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Murphy,

Just north of the Andrea sites is Caribbean Club Bonaire. They have a dive shop on site. They are a sister property of Buddy Dive's so you can get tanks at BD locations or right at CCB. The tank rack is right next to the road with ample parking. Oil slick reef is about 100 yards from there. CCB staff can help you with setting up boat dives at BD.

If you're renting a truck from AB they have a nice dive op now but they only have the one location. Or at least they did the last time I was there a few years ago. Nothings really that far on Bonaire.

You may enjoy this site: Scuba Shore Diving Region: ABC Islands

Since you’re staying in or around Hato, Dive Friends makes sense for tank rental because they have a drive-through and small shop close by (at Hamlet—five-minute drive), which is also the entry point for a nice wall dive (Cliff). They do have an up charge for Nitrox, but virtually blanket the island with tank drive-throughs, and now also have the concession at Bari Reef, which gives you easy parking, easy access to tanks and a site which is a favorite of many from a great dock. VIP will deliver tanks to your house (others may also) for a fee, but Nitrox is the same cost as air, so the delivery doesn’t cost much in the end. As to boat dives, you might check out Div’Ocean. They have a quick outboard with max eight eight divers, and if you’re doing unlimited tanks from another op you can bring your own. They also do guided shore dives, as do most (all?) of the ops.
I don't think you can use the pier at Sand Dollar/Den Laman for Bari Reef dives unless you are staying at one of them. The Dive Friends boats do leave from there.

Dada, Dive Friends is the Den Lahman operator now, and has new tanks and empty drop off on the dock. Used it today—what an improvement! Dive Friends Bonaire - Den Laman However, I believe that their boats are, for now, only running from the port. Bari, of course, is as fabulous as ever.

Dada, Dive Friends is the Den Lahman operator now, and has new tanks and empty drop off on the dock. Used it today—what an improvement! Dive Friends Bonaire - Den Laman However, I believe that their boats are, for now, only running from the port. Bari, of course, is as fabulous as ever.
I will not be back until October, We'll see what's happening then

Folks, I reported bad information yesterday, for which I apologize. We tried to dive Bari today from the Den Laman dock and got chased back to the parking lot next door, as always (although it is now a DF operation). It’s hard to blame the Den Laman owners for hoarding the dock, since the last thing Bari needs is a jillion more divers. We reverted to Cliff, where our great niece, diving her first warm water dive ever, promptly showed us a giant oceanic manta ray, no more than 60 feet off the wall in about 50 feet of water. It was moving right along, so we only saw it for a few seconds, but what a majestic creature. Consensus was, it was about 10 feet wide.

Can anyone recommend a dive op?

I haven't been to Bonaire before, looking for;

Drive through tank pick up
A couple boat dives to mix it up
Possibly a guide for the first day, this may save time in getting acquainted with island/dive spots and tips on shore diving as most of what we have done is boat.

I reached out to Buddies however no response.

Thanks

I really like Buddy Dive. Odd that they did not respond. They are usually very quick to answer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom