Bonaire Dive & Adventure - anyone know what happened?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lunula

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We are planning our annual dive trip to Bonaire and I was comparing some dive packages and saw that Bonaire Dive & Adventure is now closed. Bonaire Dive and Adventure

I saw on their FB page people posting stuff about another shop being there (anyone know which one?) and "thanks for the memories" postings.

Does anyone know why they closed? I know when we were there last December, the owner (Andre) seemed to be in declining health - not sick, but not as well as the previous year.

We stay at Sand Dollar in a private condo rental and we were going to try Dive Friends this year, as we didn't really use the pier last year and we saw people with carts from Dive Friends for all their wet gear and we were jealous. I think the rates were pretty similar, but we always chose BDA because of the pier since it was so convenient.

We are planning our annual dive trip to Bonaire and I was comparing some dive packages and saw that Bonaire Dive & Adventure is now closed. Bonaire Dive and Adventure

I saw on their FB page people posting stuff about another shop being there (anyone know which one?) and "thanks for the memories" postings.

Does anyone know why they closed? I know when we were there last December, the owner (Andre) seemed to be in declining health - not sick, but not as well as the previous year.

We stay at Sand Dollar in a private condo rental and we were going to try Dive Friends this year, as we didn't really use the pier last year and we saw people with carts from Dive Friends for all their wet gear and we were jealous. I think the rates were pretty similar, but we always chose BDA because of the pier since it was so convenient.

I think there are more details in another thread on here somewhere but Dive Friends now have the pier as well.

From the Dive Friends February News Splash:

"Furthermore, we have expanded our Sand Dollar location to include the Den Laman pier and diving facilities for guests of Sand Dollar and Den Laman Resorts."

Well I am glad Dive Friends took over since we were going to try them out this year and that will make things easier to be able to do our check-out dive from the pier.

Hope they still give people those handy carts...!

Just back and 4 carts are available....go and lug your gear no more......B

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom