Bonaire ==> curacao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Swim_mom

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
thanks everyone on your advice to Bonaire.
We will probably go next year. for this year, I have just booked Breezes Curacao for April. The AI price from toronto taxes in was $1007 each cdn.
It was really hard to beat that price, and we had a good time there 2 years ago. Really enjoyed their house reef. Also, it will be my 16 year old's first caribbean dives, although we have taken him to the easier dives at Tobermory and Kingston (Ontario)

So my new question to you is, what are your favourite boat and shore dives on Curacao?
Is it worth doing the boat trip to Klein curacao? Our favourite beach was Klein Knip. Are we allowed to shore dive from there? We snorkelled there last trip.

thanks in advance

Swim_Mom

I truely hope your experience is better than ours was. Although the diving was fabulous (we dove with The Dive Bus), Breezes was quite a let down. While we plan to dive Curacao again, we will definately not be staying at Breezes.

I stayed at the Hyatt and dived down more on the east end. I really enjoyed Black Rock which is a drift dive and another dive in the bay close to town, I think it was called Lost Anchor. It was a pretty wall.

Dirty-dog, we truly loved Breezes last time we were there. Room was great (royal tower), food was good (but not starlight grill, that was bad). service was friendly, especially the food service manager, and the guy who ran Ocean Encounters. I had asked the food manager about eating local cactus, and the two nights later, he comes over to us with a loaded plate - he had arranged to buy it, and make it for me. I'm sorry your experience wasn't better.

Staying at Breezes Curacao, starting next week. Be sure to walk across the street to THE DIVE BUS for diving though; never been and wont go anywhere else but THE DIVE BUS, why ruin a good thing. Third time diving with them, hands down the greatest people. Their home reef is next to Breezes, Car Pile is a good dive here and conveniently located right where you are staying

So my new question to you is, what are your favourite boat and shore dives on Curacao?
Is it worth doing the boat trip to Klein curacao? Our favourite beach was Klein Knip. Are we allowed to shore dive from there? We snorkelled there last trip.

Swim_Mom
Yes, you can shore-dive from all the beaches.
There's a whole bunch of them out west before & after Klein Knip, can't say that any particular one was my favorite.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom