Bonaire Crime - Our experience - Looking for input to share

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is anyone else here a fan of the BBC series Death in Paradise? Now Saint Marie is an island I might avoid, seeing as how someone gets killed there in every episode.

[QUOTE It's also worth noting that Dutch law is very much different than USA law regarding home invasions and protection of private property etc. A homeowner can't just whack a thief with a baseball bat or machete if he catches one ransacking his house in the middle of the night. The homeowner must prove in court that his life was in imminent danger and that violence was the only way to protect himself.

No wonder they wear wooden shoes........[/QUOTE]

And now we understand why there is so much crime in Bonaire.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Just a reminder that discussion about shooting people, the NRA, guns and gun ownership are off-topic. Please stay on the topic of Bonaire and avoid having your posts deleted. Marg, SB Senior Moderator

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

It seems as if some of the posters still are unable to follow moderator instructions, despite several mod posts about staying off gun discussions.

Further violation of these instructions will lead to your posting privileges in this thread being removed.

Latest News on Attempts to get Bonaire Police and Local Government response to Tourist Concerns

Received a reply from the acting head of the Korpspolitie Caribisch Nederland (KPCN) [Bonaire 'police'] in response to a prod from his 'boss' in Holland, inviting dialogue on the topic of my (Scubaboard prompted) attempts at dialogue.

AT LAST A RESPONSE!!!!

We are making progress. Now, let us see how serious de Heer Rosales is. I am optimistic.

Is anyone else here a fan of the BBC series Death in Paradise? Now Saint Marie is an island I might avoid, seeing as how someone gets killed there in every episode.

Still a fan but ... I wish they had kept Richard Poole or that Humphrey would at least quit with the slapstick. He could be clumsy without being stupidly so. I was sorry to see Camille leave. She was nice to look at and had a nice wry sense of humor. Wish they'd kept Fidel too - his replacement needs some personality - I'll probably warm to him. Hope they never lose Dwayne.

Even though there is a murder every week, the police always get their man/woman. Sometimes they even have time for purse snatchers. Don't know if they do anything about petty theft.

Camille left?! I haven't watched it in a while.

So there's the solution for Bonaire. Import an awkward but brilliant chief of police from the Netherlands. They could even make a TV series about it.

Latest News on Attempts to get Bonaire Police and Local Government response to Tourist Concerns

Received a reply from the acting head of the Korpspolitie Caribisch Nederland (KPCN) [Bonaire 'police'] in response to a prod from his 'boss' in Holland, inviting dialogue on the topic of my (Scubaboard prompted) attempts at dialogue.

AT LAST A RESPONSE!!!!

We are making progress. Now, let us see how serious de Heer Rosales is. I am optimistic.

why should they waste their time with you?

AT LAST A RESPONSE!!!!

Hey there, would you mind posting your response?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom