Bonaire - Christmas and New-years Eve dining recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kdurigan

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
The family and I will be in Bonaire for the whole week starting Christmas day and returning home on New Years day. I am guessing that some places will be closed on Christmas day so I am looking for recommendations for a nice meal for the fam. Since New Years Eve is our last night on the island, I'm looking for recommendations on something that will leave us with those final great memories for that night. I assume I should make reservations given the holidays.

Any recommendations from my fellow divers?

The family and I will be in Bonaire for the whole week starting Christmas day and returning home on New Years day. I am guessing that some places will be closed on Christmas day so I am looking for recommendations for a nice meal for the fam. Since New Years Eve is our last night on the island, I'm looking for recommendations on something that will leave us with those final great memories for that night. I assume I should make reservations given the holidays.

Any recommendations from my fellow divers?
Although we weren't staying there, we went to Buddy's NYE dinner and party for the 2003-2004 NYE. It was a great dinner buffet and a huge party (live music) afterward. If you're on an early a.m. flight, just head to the airport straight from the party :)

We will be there at the same time pretty much. We arrive the morning of the 17th and depart on the 31st. We have a condo so we will probably eat in for most meals but I'm looking for a place for Christmas Eve dinner as well. I definitely do not want turkey or ham :) Some folks on a different forum have recommended Will's but it's in the middle of town and has no view. Personally I was hoping for a waterfront table so we might go to Richard's if they are open on the holiday. They have a selection of steak, seafood, and pasta. Don't know what will be on the menu for Christmas, though. I will have to send an email.

Casablanca sends me an e-mail every year about their Christmas dinner, but they don't have a view either.

Sunset Bar and Grille

The new Capriccio's will be open then and it has a water view.
Also Patagonia has some tables outside on the water.

Thanks all - Buddy's on New years may work well.

As for leaving the next morning, I no longer have a way off the island since DAE stopped operating from Bonaire! Looks like I have a more pressing concern than nursing a hangover that day...

I'll be arriving on the 31st...friends recommended It Rains Fishes for New Year's Eve. Will most places be full...or will we have to worry about reservations?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom