Bonaire - Boka Onima - anyone dove it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kc0czi

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
BOKA ONIMA - A natural inlet with a long sloping beach on the east side of Bonaire. During our no-fly day last year in Bonaire, we visited this site and immediately wanted to dive it. We spent easily an hour at the surface trying to gain intelligence about the site. Unfortunately a year has now passed.. but we are heading back on the 23rd.

Has anyone from SB gotten wet at this site? Any detail from experience would be appreciated. We are anticipating significant current (esp in the chute), one point of entrance/egress (the chute itself), and making provisions for the potential technical aspects of the dive.

Been there, done that. We did it last October with a guide which I also recommend for any dive on the East side. We did it on a wind reversal day so the surf was not that bad. We swam out of the cove on the surface (a very long swim) and then submerged, once under water I kept hearing air flowing and had my buddy check me out. He signalled up but our guide signalled stay down. It turns out my high pressure hose was leaking like a sieve.

We did a fairly quick dive with me very paranoid about my air supply. What I saw was pretty cool but after 20 minutes my air was done and we headed back, me on the surface the other two on the bottom.

We then got my hose replaced and did a great 70 minute dive on the east side south of Lac Bay in a place that every other day would be undivable..

Back
Top Bottom