Bonaire East Coast Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cochise86

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Bonaire East Coast Diving

For our second stay on Bonaire for a diving vacation, we went for the second time with Bonaire East Coast Diving for the morning 2 tank
boat dives and again we were delighted. Just as the first time, the operation is top notch with the most thorough briefing I experienced
through my 300 dives baggage.. The first dive was light drift over Funchi Reef looking out for the big stuff...big turtles, big stingrays,
big Eaglerays, big morays...After a surface interval at the Sorobon pier, we were back on the Rib boat for the second dive which was a
"combination" dive, starting off with the White Hole, a sandy patch lined with a vertical wall on your right and a sloping reef on your left.
Everything is in this hole....tarpons, stingrays, eaglerays,schools of Grunts and Snappers at the edge of the wall plus turtles at their
cleaning station, even a resident seahorse! Then you get out of the White Hole and do a five minute stroll in thousands of undulating sea
fans in shallow water(approx. 8-12 feet) and reach Turtle City,where in 20 to 30 feet deep you hover over so many turtles that you stop
counting....And these turtles are huge!
These dives are good for any type of diver, beginners included, that has good control of their buoyancy. If you have any issued with your
buoyancy, I would suggest you skip diving the East Coast....
First dive lasted 56 minutes as the second dive was 63 minutes. The condition were excellent for the East coast which can be "rougher" than the
usual West Coast dive sites, but nobody of the divers aboard had any issue getting off(backroll) or on, using a ladder.
The dive op did provided us with Nitrox and small tanks(63 cu.ft.) as requested when booking the dives.

I really enjoyed diving with Bonaire East Coast Diving and will do it again next time we are on Bonaire!

Thank you Fred, Martin and Syd!

We dive with them once a week when we're on Bonaire, whether we need it or not -- eight times in the past 14 months. Never gets old, for us. (p.s.: They're looking to hire a DM right now.)

Can't echo and recommend Bonaire East Coast Diving enough as well. My first trip to Bonaire was in July and my partner and I didn't have the foresight to make an advance reservation, but by the luck of the gods there was an opening (cancellation maybe?) the last Wednesday that we were in town. Phenomenal crew and awesome dives. We did the exact same itinerary, with the reef dive first followed by the double white hole and turtle town. Only got to see two spotted eagle rays on the west coast, so was thoroughly enjoying my time with multiple sightings on the east coast (as well as sting rays, turtles and seahorse!)

I will third, fourth and fifth the fact that anyone visiting Bonaire really needs to do the East Coast.... at least once!! Back in the old days we would go with Larry's Wild Side Diving and then East Coast took over the operation and boat. I have to agree that the East Coast operation, crew and boat are top notch...

You basically can't count the turtles and tarpon..... There's also a good sized resident nurse shark that's almost always there......or was!

This is an old video of mine from a Bonaire trip with my wife in 2013. For anyone that wants to see what to expect on the White Hole and Turtle City dives, just go to about the 10 minute mark....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom