Bonaire...avg depth?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As long as you are swimming against current for the first half of the dive at depth, then with current on the way back at a shallower depth (which seems typical for Bonaire) this is a reasonable dive plan. Worst comes to worst, you are finning on the surface back from the marker bouy.

Usual advice is to start into the current and turn at half a tank, halve your depth and head back, this will automatically give you the reserve air and safety margin to get back safely.

Sorry Battles2A5 I did not see your post.

I just returned and did 17 dives the week I was there. Saw the best sights in terms of marine creatures within 20 feet of the surface, including tarpons, octo's, seahorses, turtles, morays, frogfish, eagle rays, etc, etc. I did my deepest to 93' but really nothing to see that deep. Most of my dives were 50' & less. There is an abundance of fish & marine life shallow and your dives will last much longer.

I definitely agree with Susan. One of my favorite dives under 50' is Margate Bay. Also it is highly suggested to pick up Shore Diving Made Easy (book) that tells you all about each dive. It will make it super easy to plan your dives once on Bonaire.

JackSpearo:
Should I try to get Nitrox certified before I go???

I concur with Livingstone - either option would serve you well. A number of the dive shops have 'free upgrade to nitrox' programs on Bonaire for nitrox certified divers.

We've used Photo Tours on both our Bonaire trips and never had a problem with nitrox availability with them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom