Bonaire at Captain Dons - trip report as new divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh Martha, you just reminded me of one more thing I love about Bonaire. We eat like crazy all week and I usually come back 2 or 3 lbs lighter. Eat like a pig and lose weight now thats a vacation.

Glad to hear a good report about Captain Don's!!!

I have said this before on the board, we stayed at Captain Don's in March 2006 and had a blast! There was another couple who traveled with us and they loved it too! I agree that you could see some attitudes with some of the staff and dive masters, but it didn't bother us either. I received an email today that said "attitude is the paintbrush of the mind; it colors your whole world." We were on vacation to dive and have fun - and that is just what we did.

PBD! We'll definately go back - I want to meet the Captain. We went to the Monday night happy hour, but the Captain didn't visit that week.

Glad to hear you had a good time SpiderSense. My wife and I went to Bonaire for our first dive trip as well. Now comes the fun of planning your next trip there.

yeah no kidding. the vacation was soo good, i don't think it was a good vacation at all -- we need another dive vacation now more than before we went!

and is it a sin to go back to Bonaire as our 2nd dive vacation? shouldn't we try a new place? man.. back to work.. this sucks..
:)

SpiderSense:
and is it a sin to go back to Bonaire as our 2nd dive vacation? shouldn't we try a new place?
:)

As far as i am concerned that is the only island i care to go to again (7months till return trip). I like the "MY" schedule for diving not when the dive boat goes out. If i want to sleep in one morning i can and still get in four dives in a day. I also feel safer there than a couple other places we have been.

I agree with Aaron. Over the last few years I have dove Coz, Curacao, Roatan and Bonaire. Given the oppertunity I would go back to Bonaire before any of them. The place just suits me. Good food, great people and a diving style that best suits me. Nothing wrong with the other islands and I would be happy to return to them all but if I can only go one place, it will be back to Bonaire. For what it's worth, Curacao is my second choice. Mainly because it's very similar to Boniare.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom