Bonaire, any restaurant recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dive nut fred

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Will be diving Bonaire in the next couple weeks. Does anyone have any recommendations for restaurants...good and cheep ... good but a bit pricey??? Or even stay away from_______? Thanks

Cactus Blue and Richards are not open any longer.

Wil's Grill and City Cafe' are reputable; I like to get Barracuda at Wil's. Bon Appetite has Chinese food that's a good value compared to food prices at restaurants on the island in general. Pasa Bon Pizza is pretty well liked (I had fish pizza there), although some people really dig the pizza at Captain Don's Habitat. It Rains Fishes is good but pricy.

Richard.

Cactus Blue and Richards are not open any longer.

That is too bad, It was my favorite in Bonaire.
Wil's Grill and City Cafe' are reputable; I like to get Barracuda at Wil's. Bon Appetite has Chinese food that's a good value compared to food prices at restaurants on the island in general. Pasa Bon Pizza is pretty well liked (I had fish pizza there), although some people really dig the pizza at Captain Don's Habitat. It Rains Fishes is good but pricy.

Richard.

I second that.

Donna & Giorgios - great lunch. Have not been able to get a reservation for dinner (only on Fri). If you want to do dinner call on your first day.

El Mundo - wide variety. We usually eat here two or three times a trip. Something for everyone.

Incredibles - great view from the roof tables. We like the steak and pasta dishes.

Casablanca - Bring a appetite and try the mixed grill. Terrific steaks.

My opinion - don't waste money on pizza anywhere, you will be disappointed.

My favorite places in order

Appetite - get the chef's choice
At Sea - everything is great here. Make a reservation though.
Tipsy Seagull (at Plaza Resort) - also like the chef's choice here
Mona Lisa - big fan of the tuna tar tar and also the seared tuna entree

On the weekends try the BBQ at Bobbie Jans.

For great local fare try El Fogon Latino, Rose inn (lunch) and Maicky Snack (lunch). Rose Inn and Maicky Snack have excellent goat stew. You might need directions to Maicky Snack though as it is in the middle of the kunuku/bush

I find that the food varies drammatically on Bonaire depending on where you go. The prices do not though so you can pay the same price for a great meal as you would for something mediocre.

Aside from the Tipsy Seagull, i usually avoid the resorts for food.

Trip Advisor has reviews for Cactus Blue as recent as May 2012. When did they close?

Back
Top Bottom