Bonaire 7-3-10 to 7-10-10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DennisW

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
This was Donna and my first trip to Bonaire. We went with a group of friends from SB and we had a blast. CoolTech's 1000th dive took place there and I had the honor of diving with him and KBeck, Marvel, and Barbara on the dive to the Hilma Hooker. The water temps all week were between 82 and 84 degrees F. It was a nice relaxing way to dive and the reefs were beautiful. I took some fairly nice pictures and some that were not so great, but they can be found here.

Bonaire 2010 pictures by dwwilt - Photobucket

If you want to see the slideshow, it is here: Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

very cool Dennis - I loved the "watch out for divers" road sign !

Glad you had a good time. Nice tarpon shot, and you got closer to an eagle ray than I have! It took 3 trips for us to see one, then my buddy found 2, and they weren't having us too close.

Richard.

Did you see adult eels?

Color me envious.

The Goldentail Moray was an adult Eel. I believe the two pictures of an Eel I have that show it peeking out from under an overhang is mis-identified. I believe that after looking at it closer, it may be a light phase of a Goldentail Moray. If anyone has a better ID, let me know. Here is a picture of the Eel.

SpottedMoray_2Tolo7-8-10_small.jpg

Back
Top Bottom