Bonaire - 2006

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are some really fabulous pictures there -- especially the squid ones, and the basket star. And that picture of you in the sunset is worth enlarging and framing for one of your empty walls!

Wow, beautiful pictures, beautiful critters. And an excellent job pulling them all together in the slideshow!

My wife and I will be heading to Buddy Dive in Dec. Hope our trip (excluding the challenges with accomidations and DMs) is as fruitful as yours!

Thank you so much for posting these! Come on December, hurry up and get here!

Great shots Bob :)

Bob,

AWESEOME pics! man o man...a couple of my friends are going to Bonaire in October and invited me to go...I had to say no, due to low funds, but WOW, I sure do wish I could. I am glad you told us about the experiences you had with staff, accommodations, and food. These are good things to know for when I *do* get to go (someday...o'er the rainbow).

Again, thanks for sharing the slideshow...it was awesome, even my hubby watched and "oohed" over it :D

Wow!!! I thoroughly enjoyed the slideshow, Bob. Thanks for sharing your pics. I can't wait for Dec. to get here.

Looks like you had a good time! :)

Wow!! I was there for a few days overlap with you last week, in town on the Windjammer...wish I had your eyes for spotting all those critters! I tried and tried, as I knew macro is the name of the game in Bonaire, but the best I could do was eyeball all the brittle stars that come out at night and found a nice big flounder in the sand.
Two days of diving there was definitely not enough!

KBeck:
Wow!! I was there for a few days overlap with you last week, in town on the Windjammer...wish I had your eyes for spotting all those critters! I tried and tried, as I knew macro is the name of the game in Bonaire, but the best I could do was eyeball all the brittle stars that come out at night and found a nice big flounder in the sand.
Two days of diving there was definitely not enough!
That was quite the clipper ship you were cruising on ... betchya you had way more fun getting to Bonaire than I did ... although it undoubtedly took you longer to get there ... :D

What dive sites did you hit while on the island?

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

How was the Windjmmer cruise to the ABCs? I went to BVIs last spring and had a blast--and the diving was good. I wondered about the ABCs. WE're going to Bonaire in Dec, but not on Windjammer. Were you on the Legacy? Were your divemasters Nate and Nick?

highlandfarmwv:
How was the Windjmmer cruise to the ABCs? I went to BVIs last spring and had a blast--and the diving was good. I wondered about the ABCs. WE're going to Bonaire in Dec, but not on Windjammer. Were you on the Legacy? Were your divemasters Nate and Nick?

I've done the Grenadines itinerary, and found it more exciting overall. The ABC's spent a day and a half in each port, and other than the diving, I didn't find the outings compelling enough to join in, other than the "tour" in Curacao. And the passenger group on this one was a little more.......sedate. But, no matter what, a Windjammer trip is always fun. :D The dive mates on board were Ivan and Steve.

Grateful, we went out through Bonaire Dive and Adventure and dove the house reef as a night dive (Bari Reef, though she seemed to be calling it Barrell Reef); two on Klien Bonaire, Knife and Hands Off, and Small Wall.

I actually found the diving in Curacao to be just as good.....we were way over on the eastern end of the island, and the walls were even more sheer than ones we saw on Bonaire (though I realize those were just a small sample :) ). But, Curacao was a very pleasant surprise.

Back
Top Bottom