Bon Voyage, TropiGal and MakoSince70!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaTexan

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
It is with a mixture of both sadness and happiness that I must announce the relocation of TropiGal and MakoSince70 to Florida, initially, and eventually to Roatan. MakoSince70 will be completing his Instructor training and a course in Resort Management in Islamorada, where they will stay until mid-to-late August, then move on to Roatan for "a few months, if not longer," according to TropiGal. :)

While I am saddened that they are leaving us, I cherish their friendship and wish them all the best in the world in their future endeavors. I only wish we could have given them a proper send-off, but the suddenness of their relocation made that impossible.

:wavey:

WOW....Livin' the dream! I wish them the best of luck in both places! I hope you stay in touch with them. I'd like to look them up when we get back to Roatan next May.

For what it's worth, I'm available for adoption... :wink:

Otherwise, I'm glad we had a chance to cross paths on a number of occasions, and I wish you both the best of luck in your adventure of a lifetime. I'm sooo jealous.

Take care and stay in touch when possible.

Jim

Good luck Tropi and Mako, see you guys when we can. Jen and I will miss you. Actually, we are also quite jealous you are going to Roatan without us this year. Keep in touch.

J & J
Grapevine Scuba

Thanks so much all of you! I've finally got internet again here in FL and some free time to be on it. I've just now read the post by ScubaTexan and all your "best wishes". Things became very rushed with our home selling so quickly and we were out of there before we knew it. Things going well here in the Keys...I'll keep you all posted as to when we will head off to Roatan. We're in no rush - just enjoying each day as it comes right now. Y'all enjoy the remainder of the summer and you Dallas folks - stay dry for a little bit unless you're UNDER the water ! Taking it easy, Bridget

Hi Bridget! Found the site and joined, just like you suggested.

BTW folks, Bill became a PADI OWSI on Aug 1. I had the pleasure of being in his class. He's staying on in FL for a bit, while I had to return to NJ and work. Ugh!

Bill + Bridget = Great Folks

Mike
(I'll email the pics tonight Bridget)

Wow Mike ! Glad to hear from you so soon. Happy you found the board and are already posting. I think you'll enjoy it. Welcome and remember if you ever head toward Texas, let the "Swampsters" know and they'll make you feel right at home. I look forward to the pics. It was fun meeting you and I know you will be an excellent instructor.

I finally made it in the water yesterday. Doug gave them Monday off and we all dove. We were headed for the Spiegel Grove but then several new divers came aboard so we opted for a shallower dives on Molasses Reef. The weather cooperated all day so it was great. Today has been a different story...nice in the a.m. but stormy all afternoon up in Largo where Bill and Bruce were working with an OW student. Back down here in Islamorada it was great until around 6:30 and it has been stormy since then.

I'll let Bill know you're posting so he can stay in touch. Best of luck to you, Mike. Say hello to your family from us and hopefully, we will all meet up again before too long. We'll have to make it so.

If anybody wants to be trained correctly as a PADI instructor, let me recommend Rainbow Reef at Islamorada Florida. Your class will be small, 3-4 candidates. That means that you will get a lot of personal attention from the course director ( Doug Kipp) and his staff ( Ewout - the mad dutchman).
There were 3 candidates in my IDC and we were much more prepared than the average candidate at our IE. More importantly, we had a great time and got some terrific diving in.

If you just want to dive the keys, you will find the Rainbow folks to be great. They have three small boats. So no crowds. One boat is at Key Largo, MM100. A second at the Chesapeake Resort at Islamorada, around MM84.
They have a 3rd boat, (6 pack) that they move between locations depending upon where the divers are.

Anybody that has every wanted to do some wreck diving should hook up with Rainbow and take a wreck specialty class. You will get to penatrate the Speigel. A great experience.

Miss all you swampers but I cannot honestly say that I miss CSSP while I am here in the keys. Best of luck to all.

Thanks
Bill

TropiGal:
Wow Mike ! Glad to hear from you so soon. Happy you found the board and are already posting. I think you'll enjoy it. Welcome and remember if you ever head toward Texas, let the "Swampsters" know and they'll make you feel right at home. I look forward to the pics. It was fun meeting you and I know you will be an excellent instructor.

I finally made it in the water yesterday. Doug gave them Monday off and we all dove. We were headed for the Spiegel Grove but then several new divers came aboard so we opted for a shallower dives on Molasses Reef. The weather cooperated all day so it was great. Today has been a different story...nice in the a.m. but stormy all afternoon up in Largo where Bill and Bruce were working with an OW student. Back down here in Islamorada it was great until around 6:30 and it has been stormy since then.

I'll let Bill know you're posting so he can stay in touch. Best of luck to you, Mike. Say hello to your family from us and hopefully, we will all meet up again before too long. We'll have to make it so.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom