Bolt through webbing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Natural

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
To mount my single tank adaptor, it looks like I am going to have to put the bolt through the webbing that crosses over the BP near the center of the shoulders. Is this ok?

The Natural:
To mount my single tank adaptor, it looks like I am going to have to put the bolt through the webbing that crosses over the BP near the center of the shoulders. Is this ok?

Many plate designs have the webbing crossing over the upper bolt hole. You'd need the hole with either a STA or doubles. Just burn a neat hole with a soldering iron.

Remember the webbing has a break strenght of ~3000 lbs. Even with a 3/8 hole it will be PLENTY strong enough for the task at hand.

Tobin

Awesome thanks for the answer, that is exactly what I was looking for.

I agree, use a grommet tool. It will make it look nicer but also make it easier to get the bolts to slide through without causing the webbing to fray scraping on the bolt threads.

Eh, gromets are pointless and do nothing at all.

Make the hole with a soldering iron and everything will be fine and happy.

pants!:
Eh, gromets are pointless and do nothing at all.

Make the hole with a soldering iron and everything will be fine and happy.
Too sophisticated...heat up a screwdriver with a lighter and poke it through the webbing :wink:

Used the soldering iron...worked perfectly!

The Natural:
Used the soldering iron...worked perfectly!
Works good for installing P-valves as well.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom