Bohol vs Moalboal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dont think anyone is running Day trips from Moalboal to APO, But what I have done in the past (personal travel) is leave Moalboal very early in the Morning and Make it to Malatapay for an early Banca to APO and do a couple of dives there and Catch a afternoon banca back and stay in Dumagette that evening.

Or I have also spent the evening on APO Island several times. It is very quaint but I really enjoyed staying at APO ISLAND RESORT, the dive operator there was perfect for me(I am pretty low maintenance)...

Again I can help you with specifics let me know...

Cheers,
Roger

Thanks, Roger, I will digest my options and get back to you with specifics. Another question, Savedra guys arrange a trip to dive with whale sharks, I believe they go South. Do you know about the place and are the sharks are pretty common there? I have never seen a whale shark, so this would be a great fun to dive with them.

Cheers,
Haiawata (aka Andrei)

Jason, the critters are supercool. I also heard that Dauin is known for weird sea dwellers. As the destination, what I am trying to achieve now is to combine Molboal with a dive safari to the Apa Island or Bohol but still did not find n operator that provide with a decent service, lodging, and safari altogether. Anybody there to help?

Have you tried SeaExplorers? They do have shops at Moalboal, Dauin, Bohol (Alona Beach), Malapascua and PG. I've dived with them once at Malapascua but prefer TSD. They cater to Europeans mostly. They can setup all the transfers etc. but I have no experience with that service. I usually take care of all my own "dive safaris" to cut down on costs. All the shops at Dauin have dive excursions to Apo Island usually as a 3 dive trip - I stayed and dived with Mike's Dauin Resort.

.....Savedra guys arrange a trip to dive with whale sharks, I believe they go South. Do you know about the place and are the sharks are pretty common there? I have never seen a whale shark, so this would be a great fun to dive....

Three small whalesharks are taking temporary residence at Oslob until further notice.

Thanks, Roger, I will digest my options and get back to you with specifics. Another question, Savedra guys arrange a trip to dive with whale sharks, I believe they go South. Do you know about the place and are the sharks are pretty common there? I have never seen a whale shark, so this would be a great fun to dive with them.

Cheers,
Haiawata (aka Andrei)

As Centrals mentioned, the Juvenile Whale Sharks have taken up temporary residence in Oslob, and are being enticed to stay there by local fisherfolks who are feeding them:( it is kind of a circus. I have not gone because I am a bit displeased with the potential long term effects the feeding of the Whale Sharks may have on them..

But Savedra is bringing folks down there and the tourists seem to be enjoying themselves... My Dive Master went down there and got some great pictures of her swimming with them........

Cheers,
Roger

You have to decide if US$120.00 is worth forking out for.

Thanks, guys, I believe I got all the info I need. My current understanding that instead booking the whole trip at once, I better play some parts by ear. Please correct me if I am wrong. I hope you won't mind if I ask more questions later.

Cheers,

Back
Top Bottom