Bohol to Malapascua

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

that's quite a trip via bangka! Alona beach to Cabilao (North west Bohol) is about 3-4 hours by bangka they say. Fast craft to Cebu City is 2 hours. Planning on doing a safari with the bangka?

If not, I recommend you just take the fast craft from Tagbilaran to Cebu City. And from Cebu City make your way up to Malapascua via public or private transport.

I guess not anymore! I normally go to Malapascua everytime I visit but won't have time next month as I'll be in Bohol. I've noticed in the past that Balicasag is always listed as a trip on the dive shops at Malapascua. So I was wondering if I could sneak in a few Malapascua dive. I had assume that it may take an hour or two.

Thanks!

Malapascua to Alona Beach?
Malapasua to the main Is. 1 hour; then to Cebu city 3-4 hours then; super ferry to Tagbilaren 2-3hours then; 20 min. to Alona Beach.
ENJOY!

What I mean is if I take a bangka in Alona Beach...how long would it take to get to Malapascua.

I'd really doubt anyone is doing that route. In a standard bangka, that's gotta be an overnight trip non stop... Take a look at what H20dragon wrote above, that's like 7-8hrs altogether and that's involving a fast car/bus and a mopdern twin engine catamaran ferry!!... If there was even a fast ferry direct from Malapascua to Tagbilaran, that would still probably be 4-5hrs!

Map_Cebu.jpg

Any advice for getting from Moalboal to Alona Beach?
I was thinking I would get a driver to Cebu City, get the Weesam ferry and then a drive from the port to Alona. Is there a better way?

Thanks!

Jason

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom