Body Recovery in Utah

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So just to make an update here. The family was finally able to sit down with the local authority in charge of the dive team, and they are working to make a plan to get the dive done. The family is very grateful to all who helped and offered helpful thoughts, comments and services, including all of you here and your comments and offers that I passed to them. They do believe it has helped spur the authorities to move a bit faster, and they appreciate it.

Likewise I really appreciate the comments and offers here, and the friendly attitude towards dealing with the tough situation. Much obliged.

One last update to tie this one off. A few days after the last post above, the local paper ran an article and the authorities were motivated to make another trip up to the reservoir. (In truth I think that they had good intentions, they were just a bit slower and more deliberate and the family didn't understand why. But grieving families often don't comprehend the issues and so forth. So it was really just a bit of miscommunication imo). The body was found quickly, near where the first sonar scan had indicated, although I do not know if they dived or if it was on the surface at that point.

Thanks again for all the comments and help. The family was very grateful.

Back
Top Bottom