Body Glove EX7 Wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've had mine for about 3 years now. Bought it at our local dive shop at their annual sale for a good price.
I find it is actually easier to don and doff than my 4mm surf suit.
The fit is pretty good for an off the rack wetsuit.
I use it year round here in Southern California.
When water temp is around 64-68 I do not use a hooded vest.
When water temp is 47-64 I do use a 5mm hooded vest together with the bodyglove.
It has held up pretty good with about 200 or so dives on it.
I did make a few modifications to the suit at a local wetsuit repair shop.
One was to add a thigh pocket on the right leg.
And the second was to add a "butt pad" as I do a lot of shore dives off the rocks, so needed to save the butt from ripping apart.
The only repair I have had done is the knee pad ripped where the stiching was. Since the repair no problems.
I have had many wetsuits over the years, mostly bodyglove. Had an akona, but gave it away as the fit was not right for me.
My favorite is my Excel 3/2 shortie.
I think you should try it on and see how it fits for you.
I have been happy with mine.

Thank you for the feedback. What do you think of the seals? Do you think the suit is water tight enough or does it flush water occasionally?

I just checked and what I have is the EXO 7mm. This may be different than the EX.
Wearing both booties and gloves, not much if any water gets in.
Probably some around the neck, but using a hooded vest under the suit, not much if any.
I will say that this suit fits me probably as good as a custom suit would. I think fit is most important.

Back
Top Bottom