BOCA Death On The Hydro Atlantic this weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubacouple

Registered
Reaction score
Jeff ( wont post last name yet ) a well known Dive master / Instructor in Fort Lauderdale died on the Hydro over the weekend. I don't have exact facts but i will post what i've been told. He was at depth and found convulsing/unresponsive so the diver that found him sent him up. He was in ICU brain dead and the hospital pulled the plug as soon as family members could get to the hospital. It's SPECULATED that he may have had the wrong mix or exceeded his MOD. Jeff has years of experience diving deep wrecks and was a solid deep diver. This may be a case of just an accident that bit him. He dove a lot and he dove deep. Prayers to his family and friends. RIP... Hopefully more info (confirmed accurate info will be posted). Remember and this is coming from a diver with 30 years and over 3,000 ocean dives ( Mostly solo spearing ) this could happent to any one of us at any time with a group or alone... RIP Jeff

No, this shouldn't be merged. The Accident & Incident thread is for discussing the accident. This thread should be for celebrating the life of and/or commiserating the loss of the victim.

Jeff was an awesome diver and someone I considered a friend. He will be greatly missed. I was with him the Friday before the accident.

So sorry to hear of the loss of another diver. My condolences to his friends and family.

[h=5]A memorial will be held this Saturday, 10/6, at Kraeer Funeral Home. They are at 1 North State Road 7, Margate. Phone 954/972-7340. The memorial will be from 6 - 8 pm. Please join his family in celebrating Jeff's life, joy and laughter.[/h]

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom