Bob Evans continues a string of successes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

coverdiver, well the "Cat is out of the Bag" so to speak. Thanks for sharing, had no idea this story would hit today. Susanne and I appreciate your awareness. Now I need support to build the next model of a airplane, and it will not look like a HOT DOG with wings...or may be some one will be interested in my Cargo Ship design that is shaped like no ship so far and with a new type of propulsion system.. and maybe scuba diver's will understand that a fin hanging off the end of your foot makes not sense at all.

Kudos, Bob... wonder if they'd work on my ancient 1988 Toyota Tercel hatchback. It already gets 38 mpg highway. Then there's the infamous Dr. Bill Mobile (Yamaha golf cart) that gets 70 mpg (uphill or downhill). Thanks again for the book, Bob!

I am glad the "cat is out of the bag" finally. It has been hard keeping it under wraps. Now we have to figure out how to place them on a convertible since I am now commuting more than 3 miles to work.

They are a great idea and you have the data to prove they work.

Now, when can we start designing that airplane??

On subaru's they use them to stabilize the airflow, and help create downforce for the rear wing. On airplanes you see them on the wing to keep the airflow moving smoothly over the wing surface. Seems like a no-brainier for efficient airflow. Kudos Bob for doing something with it.

Wish you would have worked with Don Arono back in the 70-80's as speedboats may look different today. Maybe those little bumps on stepped hulls would make them a little more slippery.

Skankpile, from what I have seen on new cars and airplanes are vortex generator's. My product does not create vortex but enhances the air flowGasPods.com - GasPod Details, and we are now working on undersea studies. I've been using little bumps on fins for 30 years, these do create small vortex's Force Fin: Vortex Generators​, extra Force is a good example. I took the lead from the bumps on whales. Nature is my source. Thanks for your interest.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom