Boat's Emergency O2 Kit is "Out of Air"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:coffee: I'd like to point out that you do not need to take your rescue course to be certified to use Oxygen. You can get certified on that through a number of first aid training agencies, normally one day course, fairly cheap and no expensive medical certificates required:wink: The Rescue Course is certainly worthwhile but time frames, length of course, costs and the physical aspects of it can make it hard for some people to take compared to just getting the Oxygen qualification. Ironic after my earlier post one of my students today forgot to use Oxygen in his exam. Been demonstrating great skills for 3 days and forgot to use Oxygen (exam nerves):shakehead:

Dire need for oxygen? :D Welllll DAN, Dive Doc's. Scuba Instructors and all the books say anyone surfacing with any indication of a dive emergency should be managed horizontal and given 100% Oxygen if possible. You sure won't hurt them giving O2 worse case scenario... if they are hyperventilating they pass out, which makes them relax and breathe slower, and gives the first aider peace and quiet!:eyebrow: Protect their airway and get them somewhere to determine what is wrong. I'd much rather treat someone who is hyperventilating like they have DCI than treat someone with DCI as if they are hyperventilating!:blinking:

Back
Top Bottom