Boater ignorance & a shore invite.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wildcard:
Wouldn't it be nice if just simply requiring a license would make people a little less stupid? MAybe we could with a license to drive a car then people would know and obey all the traffic laws?.... Take the video and the relevant penal code to the police and insist on a citation. I don't know how Canada works but in the US anyone can have a citation issued if you sign it and agree to appear in court. It's worth a shot. Good luck!
PS if that dosn't work, sneek up buhind threre boat and steal there beer....
Not so ... I was diving with a group a few years back when a large (40+ foot boat) literally ran over a diver's flag in 15 feet of water ... at about 20 knots. There was an OW class under the flag at the time. One of the student's parents was on-shore with a video camera, and got the entire episode on video. We knew who owned the boat and where he lived. Heck, we even got the big "Vote for ****" sign he had on the side of the boat because he was running for a public office.

When we called the police they wouldn't even come down. Told us unless the guy hit someone, there was no violation. Even went so far as to advise us not to approach the guy, as if an incident occurred it would be us who would be liable for having initiated it.

This is why I won't carry a flag ... until they decide to enforce both sides of the law, towing a flag more of a danger than not towing one.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

ron_cooper:
I was talking to one person that said they were diving and a fisherman stopped almost right on top of them. They found some bottles on the bottom filled them with air and bounced them off of the boats bottom. The boat soon left.
This works really well with old tires too ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

You need one of these floats for your dive flag :eyebrow:

gine25.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom