boat rental florida keys

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

magicnsc

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am looking to rent a boat and go diving around marathon, fl or key largo. Any ideas on the best place to rent from or suggestions on my plans ?

Just type Boat Rental Florida Keys in your search engine and about 20 companies pop up.

Last time I rented in Marathon it was here. Marathon Boat Rentals

It was located in Key Colony but they may have more locations in Marathon. I got the 28ft Cape Horn for the day to go lobstering with some of the family. They have all sizes and prices. Like someone else said, there are lots of rental places i'm sure.

Consider hiring a charter as well. Plenty of boat operators over there.

Robbies in Islamorada is a popular place to rent day boats.

However, I agree with the above comment: Unless you have something really, really specific in mind that nobody can service, it's best to go with a dive charter. They are cheap, and you get the knowledge and know-how of the captain and crew. You could do a private half day at Quiescence, for example, for $495, which would probably cost you the same as renting a small boat after fuel and taxes.

I have always rented a boat when I go to the Keys with my family. But that was back when you could rent for $200 for a full day. It may be too expensive now. If you do rent, ask about navigation aids included with the boat. You should have a good understanding of channel markers, buoys and other shallow water markers. There are places you have to pick your way through. It’s not like renting a boat on a lake and blasting off into the blue.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom