Boat Project

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2Dive4fun

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I thought I would share my boat renovation project with the board. I was not sure if I should start the thread here or in the DIY section. I will post pictures as I go with the project. I have removed soft floor area, modified bow storage for tanks, installed power trim tabs, and look forward to the day I get to dive with it.

2Dive4fun:
I thought I would share my boat renovation project with the board. I was not sure if I should start the thread here or in the DIY section. I will post pictures as I go with the project. I have removed soft floor area, modified bow storage for tanks, installed power trim tabs, and look forward to the day I get to dive with it.

Nice looking boat. How long is it? What kind of motor does it have? What is "soft floor"? Hank

This is a 21 foot glasply. It has a mercruiser 470 I/O. The soft deck is refering to some water damaged plywood in the deck and interior cabin walls. The good news is that this boat has fiberglass stringers that will never rot out. I have a 19 foot glasply that needed new stringers. I have included some additional pictures of my deck repairs. I used 1/2 in premimum grade plywood with aluminum cladded faces on both sides. This is so strong that you are unable to break a 2" wide strip over your knee.

I love living next to a company called Boeing and their surpluss outlet store for the do it yourself builder.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom