Boat Parkas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rossjc

Registered
Reaction score
I saw a guy on a boat who put on a parka type jacket over his wetsuit between dives, looked nice while I froze my A-- off. Does anyone know what they are called...looked online but can't find what I'm looking for.

rossjc:
I saw a guy on a boat who put on a parka type jacket over his wetsuit between dives, looked nice while I froze my A-- off. Does anyone know what they are called...looked online but can't find what I'm looking for.

TruWest is about the best one out there. They're a SoCal company that also sells direct. This means you can get a Parka without dive shop logos emblazened all over it - a big plus for me.

They're cut to fit over exposure suits - so buy your true size.

Next time you're in Catalina, take it to the embroidery shop in Metropole square (behind the KFC)... they'll put your name on it for a couple of bucks, and a design you might really like.

Or, do as I did - start diving dry and eBay the Parka!

Ken

Tru West are definately the best. You can also find Warm Wind parkas. Try the dive shops near Channel Islands Harbor or Sport Chalet. They are usually a little over $100 and well worth it, especially on the local boats in the winter.

I like this one from Dive Gear...

031171_big.jpg

Works over wetsuit or drysuit. Nice and warm diving here yesterday in NJ on December 1st!

dive44 has one thats pretty decent quality, Sport chalet is pretty much crap, I got mine from JMJ custom wetsuit makers and so far I found their quality to be best(havent compare it to truwest that I know of...)

We bought parkas on sale from Lands End that have an attached hood and a fleece lining. As an added bonus they offer embroidery for $5 extra, so we got our names added and two parkas ended up costing us $73 delivered. The outer shell is water proof and they will roll up nicely into a water tight bag for boat diving on chilly days.

Back
Top Bottom