Boat ladders and seasonal discussion (moved from A&I)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Johnoly

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I've never been on a dive boat nor even a liveaboard that had a fins on ladder.
Come dive SE Florida where they are used everywhere. I dove Jupiter today and it was 80 degrees with 60ft of vis today. The 800lb Goliath Groupers are stacked up early at the Hole in the Wall dive site. It looks like an underwater parking lot of volkwagen beetle cars, so cool to see !!

Come dive SE Florida where they are used everywhere. I dove Jupiter today and it was 80 degrees with 60ft of vis today. The 800lb Goliath Groupers are stacked up early at the Hole in the Wall dive site. It looks like an underwater parking lot of volkwagen beetle cars, so cool to see !!

One month until the aggregate. I can't wait.

One month until the aggregate. I can't wait.
Never seen that many this early, but mother nature has been "running early" all year. The pilot whales were 3 wks early, the spinner sharks were 6 wks early in Jan, The leather backs were on time in March and the tiger sharks ran late this year.
I'd plan 3 week's earlier than you normally would. That would put a peak best diving day on August 30th. Just my opinion from underwater conditions.

Never seen that many this early, but mother nature has been "running early" all year. The pilot whales were 3 wks early, the spinner sharks were 6 wks early in Jan, The leather backs were on time in March and the tiger sharks ran late this year.
I'd plan 3 week's earlier than you normally would. That would put a peak best diving day on August 30th. Just my opinion from underwater conditions.

I'm going the dives with PDC on the 1st and 2nd. The 30th I will be doing my solo course with RR.

Thanks for the GG spawning update. I’ll be in Jupiter next weekend. Diving with Jupiter Dive Center on Saturday morning & Scuba Works on Sunday morning. Come & join us then.

Thanks for the GG spawning update. I’ll be in Jupiter next weekend. Diving with Jupiter Dive Center on Saturday morning & Scuba Works on Sunday morning. Come & join us then.
The 'Hole in the Wall' dive site is considered a Tec dive for charters because it's beyond 130 to the sand so most boats don't usually go there regularly. I haven't heard of any other larger number of GG's at the Jupiter wreck trek nor the MG111,,,but stuff moves on a day by day basis depending where the females go. Both your charter companies are Excellent and we talk to them on the radio all the time. The captains will have the most up to the minute reports of where the find the biggest gatherings. Have a great trip !!

Reactions: Dan
Also the time of the year when approaching systems have water management open the spillway gates and inlets spew out filthy water for days. Great viz can go to crap quickly. Takes a couple of days to return to normal after they close the gates back up

The beaches were closed last week off Palm beach because of bacteria contamination.. or so it said on the radio.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom