Boat diving spots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TSandM

Missed and loved by many.
Rest in Peace
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Spent some time today talking with my husband's ex-wife's husband (modern family dynamics, you know) who it turns out has a good-sized boat (with heated cabin) at Cape George, in the Discovery Bay area. He is a former diver who would like to get into it again, and thought the idea of taking us out on his boat sounded great. Problem is, we don't have any idea where to go! I have the Northwest SHORE Dives book, but no info about boat diving spots. Anybody want to weigh in with some ideas?

Well... the boat is located no to far from the Diamond Knot wreck... but that might not be the best place to start. :wink:

The San Juans are inviting... due North the South end of Lopez Island has great dive sites, albeit current sensitive like all of the San Juans. Bringing the boat back around the corner through Admiralty Inlet you could dive off of Possession Point on the sunken ferry there. Hood canal has a lot of great sites for boat diving if they are will to take the boat that far.

Or you could just mosey on out the Strait to the West and gunkhole. That's what I'd do with a boat on that side.

There's a good book called Northwest Boat Dives ... I used to have a copy, but since I don't have a boat I gave it away ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom