Boat Diving Etiquette

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

On a 6pack where the captain owns the boat, do you normally tip the captain?
No. I assume he either owns the Op or is a paid employee. I always tip the DM since I know a large % of them work for tips and a chance to dive for "free". I also assume any other non-DM crew member receives a salary of some sort, otherwise they're crazy. I want the whole $20 (2 tank dive) to go to the DM.

On a 6pack where the captain owns the boat, do you normally tip the captain?
Yes. And the deckhand, although 6pack boats don't usually run them in my experience. If you want a DM that is outside the cost of the charter and tip there accordingly.

There is no boat on this planet that has "plenty of storage" for hard sided luggage. Maybe a 12 person boat with only 4 people aboard has some spare bunks to put your giant suitcase, but don't count on it.

BOHOL DIVERS BOAT.JPG

most excellent! Although it looks like your suitcases might get wet on the deck there.

There is a lower room with table and bench seats.. this area plenty of space for putting out camera gear. I carry mine in my DJI Drone hard case. This is a day trip boat.

MIKE PURDAY.JPG

most excellent!
Although it looks like your suitcases might get wet on the deck there.
Typical diving boat from Philippines especially in Visayas region where the dive sites are a fair distance away.
Boats used for dive safari has plenty of room for suitcases and divers.
Room is never an issue unless the sea is rough(seasonal).

Back
Top Bottom