Boat Dive Sunday 3/28

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
After getting "souped out" last weekend, I really have a need to get out before we leave on our spring break vacation.

All of the weather reports point to a real crummy stretch coming - strong winds out of the east, rain and rip current pretty much rule out anything all the way through Saturday. But come Sunday, a gentle breeze from the north, sunshine and highs in the 80's, and no chance of rain.

Close in it may not be as clear as it could be from the week's bad weather, so let's go out on a boat. The following trips have space available, but still need to be booked in the next day or so:

South Florida Diving Headquarters
Jim Atria Wreck and reef @ 8:00am

Parrot Island
Ancient Mariner and reef or Pompano Drop Off and reef, both @ 9:00am

American Dream II
Tracy and reef @ 8:30am

Anyone have a preference?

Marc

Melissa will be joining us, so the Atria's a bit deep.

Parrot Island only has a couple of spots left, so the Tracy with AD II looks like it.

Call (954) 577-0338 to make your reservations.

Marc

I just made my reservatios with Capt. Todd, and he let me know that there's $10 discount coupons available from Diver's Direct for this coming Sunday! It's part of a promo being sponsored by SEALIFE cameras.

From the DD's website:

This is a great opportunity to experience how fun and easy digital underwater photography can be. Join our staff along with SEALIFE camera's representatives for a fun day boat trip of diving and the use of the latest Digital Camera. The trip includes 2 Tank Dives, FREE Demo Camera, FREE CD of your images after the dive, and special purchase incentives. For further info call (954)472-3988.

This is being offered through the Plantation/Sawgrass store. I just called and unfortunately their phones are down and being forwarded to their headquarters office who didn't have any info. I'll try again in a bit and let everyone know.

So discounted dives on a great operator AND a free camera demo for everyone - sounds like a plan!

Marc

lol you know you booked us on American Dream II, right Marc? Here I went on and on about how great an operation they were, how we loved diving with them, and that a lot of people swore by Parrot Island... only to learn after an embarrassed pause that I was talking to AD II!

No problem, I really enjoy that boat and Todd takes good care of everybody. We have some great charters in this town.

BTW, space is going... I took two seats (me & a bubble-watcher). It's an 8am show 8:30 go boat.

Thanks for getting us hooked up, Marc!

MikeJacobs:
lol you know you booked us on American Dream II, right Marc? Here I went on and on about how great an operation they were, how we loved diving with them, and that a lot of people swore by Parrot Island... only to learn after an embarrassed pause that I was talking to AD II!

Oops :D

I guess it did look confusing - Parrot Island only has a couple of spots left, so the Tracy with AD II looks like it.

BTW - I guess any chance of a night dive this week is out too. Earlier weather reports showed ENE winds a 22 mph, with gusts to 30! And we've managed to drown a couple of tourists with rip currents.

Marc

Who else is going? There's still spots open on the boat.

Marc

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom