Boat Dive from Gulf Shores/Orange Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here's their boat. It's got a lot of room

charterpic2.jpg

For November diving, you'll want a nice warm jacket to wear to keep the wind off you between dives when you're wet and for the ride back in. There is a covered area with side windows that you can use to get out of the wind in the forward area of the main deck.

Another couple pics of their boat.
charterpic1.jpg

Imager.dll
<--click link for this one. couldn't get it to show up automatically.

Yeah, it would be usefull - I know SeaYoda's Destin Jetties post gets linked constantly :)

mike_s:
we could always get a MOD to replace that with a new thread about "local dive sites" for Deep Dixie Divers.

Like they did in the Florida Conch section at this thread
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=60333

Absolutely it would be a great idea if we could keep it here in the Dixie Diver thread and a set of rules keeping it to listing a site only. All questions about the sites could be asked in the open Board area.
Speaking of dives Mat have you attempted to find that Collie barge yet? I found a structure of the beach down towards the Dunes about a hundred yards off the beach I marked it but didn’t drop on it yet. Didn’t look to big though it did hold some fish according to the bottom finder. We zipped down there looking for that ship that was uncovering

rdharbis1:
Tom, Shane with DU called this morning and if they can find 8 to go, they will go out. We are two and there are possibly 4 others who was in my wife's cert class that has expressed interest. 8-10 on a boat the size mike_s says this is would be really nice.

Randy

Get the ball rolling and see what you can come up with on divers I'll take a spot for sure and maybe three. Keep in touch

tom wicker:
Speaking of dives Mat have you attempted to find that Collie barge yet? I found a structure of the beach down towards the Dunes about a hundred yards off the beach I marked it but didn’t drop on it yet. Didn’t look to big though it did hold some fish according to the bottom finder. We zipped down there looking for that ship that was uncovering

Tom, unfortunately, my little beach runner(Miss Jellyfish) is out of order until I can bring it to a shop to get new transom mounts installed - I bent the piss out of mine after overloading the boat full of camping gear and motoring it about 30miles to a campsite in choppy water.

Were you looking for the ship thats uncovering off the beach in Fort Morgan? I can give you directions by land - or GPS coordinates by the end of this weekend(maybe sooner).

SuPrBuGmAn:
Tom, unfortunately, my little beach runner(Miss Jellyfish) is out of order until I can bring it to a shop to get new transom mounts installed - I bent the piss out of mine after overloading the boat full of camping gear and motoring it about 30miles to a campsite in choppy water.

Were you looking for the ship thats uncovering off the beach in Fort Morgan? I can give you directions by land - or GPS coordinates by the end of this weekend(maybe sooner).

Bud you really need to let me and Ellis take a look at that boat for you. Were equip with torches wielders and plenty of shop tool. We fabricate most of our needs as we go Boats, Race cars you name it. The most it may cost if we can do you any good might be the material if we don't have it laying around or can get out hands on it.

I'm going to be shooting the wreck in the next few days for and article I was sent some directions if they fall through I may need some numbers if you don't mind.

No problem, I didn't have my GPS onhand yesterday when I took the shots I have after sunset. I'm going to go back during the day, possibly Friday, Saturday if Friday doesn't pan out and I'll be sure to get some numbers.

I can provide driving directions easily with familiar landmarks if thats easier though.

I plan to get back out there myself for more shooting during the day, with ample light to bring the detail out of the wreck.

This is my first boat. I figure, its probably time to get the motor tuned up, new prop, as well as get the transom mounts replaced. Can you do this? I'll pay. If not, can you point me to a reputable outboard mechanic that can handle these small tasks without raping my wallet? :D

For those who are/were interested, There will be no boat dive for me on Saturday. We are going to find the Whiskey Wreck or get wet tryin'. I believe that some others are also going to be there, I just don't know when. It would be nice to meet a few of you for sure, so if you get a time, we can be there. You can call me 256-656-1080 (cell phone).

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.

Randy

Back
Top Bottom