Boat bench

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Firediver I like your idea for the tanks. I also have a trophy but a cc. Looks good, good idea. Savantblanc, just remember the CG certification in persons or weight witch ever is greater. If you add heavy benches and 3-4 divers with gear and a skipper maybe crew your looking close to your weight limit. Alot of people think that you can take the persons limit and not worry about the weight.

"A Rising tide floats all boats"

here is the most recent of the diving benches we built full time now

Attachments

• 2009-04-23_222627_Picture_135_640x480.jpg
    2009-04-23_222627_Picture_135_640x480.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 1,095
Here is my 3rd hand. It comes in handy espically when diving solo.

Attachments

• 3rd hand (1) (Small).JPG
    3rd hand (1) (Small).JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 455
  • 3rd hand (2) (Small).JPG
    3rd hand (2) (Small).JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 426
Deck space is a premium . A big ice chest is my dive bench on my boat , I made some tank holders from 6" by 2" channel aluminum 12" long mounted vertical with brackets on each side of the boat .

This is one I built, the starboard semicircles that hold the tanks halfway up the backrest haven't been installed

Mounting the SS plates so that I could bolt and unbolt it when I needed the space was a PITA. I had studs welded on the bottom of the plates so I could through bolt them to the deck. The are countersunk so they don't stick up when the bench is removed. It takes about 5 minutes to remove/install the bench.

Attachments

• benchweb.jpg
    benchweb.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 426
  • mounting.jpg
    mounting.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 402
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom