BlueSteel Valves??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverryan

Contributor
Reaction score
Recently, I discovered two BlueSteel valves in my diving closet. Does anyone know anything about them? I believe they are 200 bar DIN valves with the yoke/din slug. Oddly enough, I tried to take out the slug with a allen wrench but the damn thing would not budge. Any suggestions? Thanks.

all the suggestions that I have would probably destroy them for valve use. Sorry man

We have some bluesteels around the shop. And I agree with Meesier42, any suggestion I'd have would probably ruin the valve. I suppose you could make sure the valve is closed and then use some WD40 or something on the threads. If that worked, I'd soak the valve in crystal simple green overnight, then in fresh water to get the oil residue out.

Might work. But valves are cheap.

Soak it in vinegar, then simple green or 409. More than likely it's dried salt or crude. Soak it over night then try to take the adaptors out. If you are lucky enough to have or have access to an unltrasonic cleaner they do a great job.

diverryan:
Recently, I discovered two BlueSteel valves in my diving closet. Does anyone know anything about them? I believe they are 200 bar DIN valves with the yoke/din slug. Oddly enough, I tried to take out the slug with a allen wrench but the damn thing would not budge. Any suggestions? Thanks.

If it's not used/abused, I'd send it back to Blue Steel and see if they would send you replacements.

Unless it's all crudded up and corroded, it shouldn't be stuck like that.

Terry

Alright well after closer examination of the valve, I saw one side slightly flattened which would explain why I could not remove the slug.

Alright well after closer examination of the valve, I saw one side slightly flattened which would explain why I could not remove the slug. Luckly I have another one lying around.

Back
Top Bottom