BLUEProject - Awesomeness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RadHal

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
In the first week of June 2017 I returned to the dive meca of Mexico, Cozumel with my dive buddy Craig66 for our annual divecation (eat, dive, eat, dive, eat, sleep and repeat X 6 days). We spent a week diving with BLUEProject owned and operated by wife and husband, Blanca and Paco. They run a superb dive op and they and all of their staff were professional, engaging, polite and friendly throughout our stay. We did two tank morning and afternoon dives and one two tank twighlight/night dive. From Capt Maya, through dive master guides Pepe and Carlos and of course Blanca and Paco, safety and protection of the environment were top priorities. Dive groups were small 2-4 per guide and never more than eight clients on board their speedy vessel (230 HP outboards). The length of the dives was determined by one's own air consumption on Al 80's. Surface intervals were at one of the local beach resorts where fresh fruit, pastries, water and juice were served with a smile. The boat was well maintained, and carried DAN O2. One got spoiled by the valet service, gear set up and tank changes and even mask defogging when needed. As expected the diving was awesome, spectacular walls, reefs and marine life. Currents varied from mellow to woah hang on!! We will be back and will definitely be diving with BLUEProject. I cannot recommend Blanca and Paco enough, you will not regret going with them and leaving as friends.

Well said Hal. Truly are an awesome crew all the way around. Loved diving with Blanca, Pepe and Carlos who all show amazing professionalism and love for diving and cozumel.

Captain Maya is one of the most engaging captains I have dived with and was great to talk to.

One of the few dive ops that could make 4 tanks a day happen without an issue.

Will be returning in two weeks for another week of diving with my daughter who has been diving with Blanca since age 12. See you guys soon !!!!

Anyone wishing to join us we will be doing 4 dives a day from Tuesday August 27th to July 1st.

Amazed by some of the changes in Cozumel in the last year with a multitude of new restaurants opening u. Hopefully most will stay. Was especially blown away by the Tacos at Cuatro Tacos which were awesome and too cheap. Cielito Lindo Bistro was also awesome and I really loved their mole dishes especially the Mole sampler.

Aside from that the usual candidates are still excellent. Did take a miss with Mar y Juana which we stopped at on our first night as we were too tired to look elsewhere and were definitely disappointed.

You might want to edit that trip's date.

LOL ... Yes you are right although a trip lasting from August 27th to July 1st would be beyond magical but alas it is June 27th through July 1st. Way too short but better than nothing

You might have met up with a lot of members had the date been as originally posted but then again you may have needed a Visa to stay that long.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom