Blue Water this Sat. 7/12

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey, I'm a future Atlanta resident (moving there in August), but my fiancee and I and one of her coworkers will probably be there around 9:30am CDT or so. We'll be the ones bumbling around because we just got certified :) Luckily her coworker has been diving for 20+ years so we'll have someone to guide us around.

Welcome to Scubaboard, welcome to Atlanta, and welcome to the underwater world! We should be arriving about the same time tomorrow morning. I'll be driving a white Chevy Trailblazer. Please feel free to come over and introduce yourselves!

Cheers,
Matt

Did you make it there Saturday? I looked around for a little bit for your vehicle but didn't see one. We were at the table closest to the dive shop and did two dives. We went down to the steel box @ 80 ft first and then followed the line that connects it to the school bus. Swam through it and then came back to the surface.

For the second dive we went over to the other decks on the right side and attempted to navigate our way to the speed boats that have a buoy attached to them, but we were quite a bit off by the time we surfaced. We swum over to the buoy on the surface, went down to check out the boats and then swam back to the decks at about 15 feet.

It was pretty good timing as it was starting to thunder a lot and sprinkle as we packed up our gear. I hope you had a good diving day!

Our group made it over there, but I had to stay behind with a terrible head cold and congestion. I figured it just wasn't worth a 2 plus hour drive to not be able to equalize and/or be totally exhausted after the first dive. Our guys had a good time though. Glad you did as well.

Gotcha, yea our experienced friend that was going to come with us was congested as well and decided it would be safest to pass.

Water at 80 feet was cooold. I think the lowest I saw was low 60s but my fiancee said she saw high 50s at one point. We were diving wet, I saw one guy at the table next to us diving dry. We didn't stay at 80 long so it was ok, and our second dive was much warmer at the shallower depths.

I'm glad I recently invested in a drysuit. I know it's going to come in handy when I do my PADI AOW dives at Pelham in Sept. I know I will love not freezing my blessed assets off at the deeper depths.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom