Blue water / Green water filters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jalvare2

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I been using the blue water filter on everydive regardless if is salt or fresh water (with good results) but once I tried the green water filter in the ocean when the water was really "green" instead of blue. Dont know why, but the image was not good and surfaced to replace it with the blue water filter for better colors.

-what is your experience with green water filter ?

The colour of the filter to be used depends on where you dive. Tropical warmer waters require a blue water filter temperate and colder water require a green filter
It is not just how the water looks but also about the particles in it and what light they absorb

I took some video of the same wreck in the Great Lakes last week using the blue water setting on one dive and using the green water setting on the othe dive. The green water setting made the video look VERY GREEN and grainy. I was using a Sealife 1200 without any external lights.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom