Blue Water Divers in Key Largo (a quick note)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jlpskydive

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Had a great weekend with these guys. Great crew, nice boat and to all that were on it with me this weekend thanks for being really nice ship mates as well. I was a big Scuba Doo fan until they closed down and Blue Water offers that kind of service and vibe and I'm happy I found them.

Are they doing blue water dives or is that just their name?

I took a look at their website. The main points I see are 10 diver max. boat load, and guides aren't included but are available for an extra fee. This type of offering will appeal to some people.

Richard.

I took a look at their website. The main points I see are 10 diver max. boat load, and guides aren't included but are available for an extra fee. This type of offering will appeal to some people.

Richard.

Yeah,
Big time.
My squad in particular.

Chug
Don't need no stinking guide for a walk in the neighbors back yard either.

Dove with them one 4 dive day a few years back. I insta buddied with a guy I had met the day before on Horizon diver trip. Said he was diving with them so I joined him. (I had dove the boat before under previous owner). It was just the two of us. Christi dove with us and was a guide. I did not request that, maybe my buddy did. In the AM we did a double dip on the Spiegel. Then it was calm so we floated around for while out by the reef. Then did a drift dive on the outer reef. Almost a wall dive. Then did a shallower reef dive. They were a good op to dive with. However, my computer found the dives a tad aggressive. On the second spiegel I put my sunnto into minor deco so got to spend an extra 10 minutes playing flag in the upper current. We did a swim through so I could not return to line earlier. Had to drift high fairly quickly on the drift dive for NDL reasons. If you come ashore between dives you normally have a two hour or so SI. Think by staying out it was closer to an hour but I would have to check my log to be sure. Anyway I would be happy to dive with them again but I would probably discuss the profiles ahead of time or not do a deep drift for dive 3. Actually if it was my choice I would probably request the deep drifts for dives 1 and 2 and then do reefs for 3 and 4 but that is just my preference for live bottom once I have seen the metal.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom