Blue Season vs Absolute scuba??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kyle in WI

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello
I am considering doing a SCUBA internship in Bali this July-September. I am looking at the programs offered by these two operations(Blue season Bali and Absolute scuba). I've heard their side of the story about who does what and who is better, now I need some other opinions. I would like to ask anyone with Bali diving experience if they know anything about these operations or the people who run them? Does anybody have any advice(other than don't do it) about doing a "zero to hero" program in Bali? It seems to me the dive conditions in Bali would be far superior to the other programs I've looked at in Pattaya.
Thank You

See if you can get a two month visa from the Indonesia Embassy in Washington. Visa on Arrival is currently just 30 days and not renewable. Or find out from the Dive operators if a longer visa for training can be obtained with their assistance.

don't know much about either of them. but i did run into a bunch of folks who did an IDC with Blue Season and then all seemed happy.

You may also consider Crystal Divers - Bali, thats who i dive with here

I dive all the time with Absolute scuba and know these guys personally , am also a good friend with the owner (Andy). I can definately say that they would be a great partner to do your zero to hero stuff. They have a nice place in Padang Bai, which has their Dive Center, Chalets (Accomodation), Restaurant, Dive Training Pool and etc .

They have run several IDC courses and have all turned out very well. Their staff at the dive center are very friendly with a good mix of foreign and locals running around. One point to note is that when doing ur DM course, you will be there for at least 6 to 8 weeks, and would definately need to find a comfortable environment. These guys would be best suited for that.

Lemme know if you want Andy's personal mobile number, will PM it to you if you want it

Rgds
NW

Thanks a lot guys. I've been talking with Andy through e-mail and he seems to be running a nice place. There are so many foreign IDC's on the market that it is becoming hard to choose. Thanks again.

Kyle, I know both places, lived in Indonesia for 6 years. The are about the same as far as the people, but Absolute's facility is 100X better than Blue Seasons. It is also right on the beach, and dives sites are within minutes. I stay at there resort at Padang Bai every time I return to Bali to dive (at least once a year). Mike

Whilst nice accommodation beside the beach may be important to you, you should really consider what you are going to do. Zero to Hero involves a lot of hard work and if you get the wrong Course Director and IDC Staff then your time will be wasted. Your goal is to become a true professional and not someone who has spent their time relaxing by the pool. Focus on the course and what you are going to learn.

The first, and most important, step is to find out who the Course Director is and speak directly with them. This will help you to truly decide where to go. Blue Season Bali's Course Director, SF Chong, can be contacted at director@baliocean.com. I am sure that Andy will put you in touch with Absolute's Course Director.

You will also find out that Blue Season Bali has some superb new IDC facilities that will cover you every need. Whilst they are not set on the beach, their level of professionalism and dedication to producing top quality instructors is unsurpassed. Active dive companies are alwasy updating so i think that some people here in this forum may not have the most up to date info on these companies.

You might also want to consider that Blue Season Bali is currently the only IDC center in Bali with a 100% success rate for their Instructor candidates.

Thanks for the info guys. Looking to leave in mid-july and I still don't know where I'm going. Everyone has their personal preferences and I'm sure I'll have mine.

check out bali scuba. Mr SF Chong is no longer with blue season bali. he is attached to bali scuba now.

Dear Mobilefanz, you've managed to resurrect another very old thread, this time 2008

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom