Blue Scubapro Jets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cwbp225

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello everyone,
I'm looking for a set of the old rubber Scubapro Jet fins in Blue, size L as a surprise gift for my wife. The blue ones haven't been made for at least ten years. I don't know if that qualifies as vintage gear, but was hoping someone might have an old set knocking around their Scubapro collection or in the back of a closet. I've searched all over the web, but I guess my google-fu is weak. Please PM me if you have leads, I'm willing to go top dollar for a good set.

Hello everyone,
I'm looking for a set of the old rubber Scubapro Jet fins in Blue, size L as a surprise gift for my wife. The blue ones haven't been made for at least ten years. I don't know if that qualifies as vintage gear, but was hoping someone might have an old set knocking around their Scubapro collection or in the back of a closet. I've searched all over the web, but I guess my google-fu is weak. Please PM me if you have leads, I'm willing to go top dollar for a good set.

The floating version of the Aqualung rocket fin was blue, but I have never come across blue jets. Are you sure that they were jets? Even the Beauchat jets and early (non-lightning bolt) jets were black in the catalogs.

Around 1989 - 90, I'm not sure of the exact years (but that's pretty close), Scubapro did produce light blue Lightning Jet Fins. During that same time, they also made pink and yellow Jets in addition to the traditional black. They were not popular and were not produced for more than one or two years.

I also am unaware of blue Scubapro Jet Fins. But afterwards, Scubapro came out with the plastic version, which they called the Scubapro Sea Wing. It was made in multiple colors. Mine are black, but our LDS has a set of red ones. I'm sure they were also made in blue. That fin has now "morphed" into the Scubapro Seawing Nova, which is a really weird-looking fin. But I think you are looking for the original Scubapro Sea Wing.

SeaRat

Walter is correct. I have a girlfriend with a set of light blue jet fins that I've been trying to get her to sell me for the last 6 months now! :(

I looked through my diving pics and unfortunately only have a grainy video of her diving them or I'd post a picture.

Good luck!

I also must confess I have never seen a pair of blue Jet Fins--- or pink etc.

I do have a possible WAG.

Jet fins were made for Scuba pro by Karl Kaiser. JWC acquired Scuba Pro, theJet fin patent expired; there was a shake up in Scuba Pro management, Scuba Pro moved back east to JWC HQ etc,

Karl did not want to move back east. He departed company with Scuba Pro/JWC and established a company called IDI. He began making a slightly revamped different Jet fin--10% change is all it takes to not be in violation a established patent. Karl died about 15 years ago, a few years later his widow Shirley remarried and turned IDI over to Karl Jr.

Karl Jr, immediately became self impressed promptly irritated the established diving industry and was some how squeezed out of the main stream diving world.

He then began marketing his products, including a slightly modified Jet fins at all the Costcos.
Soon he was out of business...

Therefore:
Are they really "Scuba Pro Jet fins?"
Could she have acquired the Jet fins at Costco?

I've been on the road, sorry for the slow reply. I've seen pictures of the yellow ones, and the pink ones, with the jet fin logo visible. Never seen the blue in person, but have seen them sited as being in the line-up with the pink and yellow. Thanks for your help.

Sam, I'm not sure. I'm pretty sure they were just with the black Jets. I do remember seeing them in the catalog when I was running a boat in the Keys. That was 1985 - 1992. I'm thinking it was around 1989. I wish I'd kept those catalogs. I'd love to know the year when you find them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom