Blue magic/Casa Mexicana ... Any recent reviews?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jayfarmlaw

Contributor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Cozumel Dive and Hotel Packages

Very close to pulling the trigger on a 6 night, 4 day diving trip with Blue Magic staying at Casa Mexicana. (may have to do 5 night 3 dive day for 435 due to work). There are lots of reviews here from 2010 and back, and one bad review from an apparently pissed off customer that may have been something of an asshat himself. Cost should be around 500 per person including diving 2 dives per day. Dives are either both morning or both afternoon and al 100s are available and we dive our computers, not the first in the group to hit 600 psi. I can get a little over and hour at 60 feet avg on an Al 100.

Email contact has been great, all questions answered quickly and completely, but no reviews on this site. So here is the question...do you know anything bad about Blue Magic and/or do you know of any better deals out here for the first part of January?

we have dove with Dive With Martin and had an awesome dives as well.

thanks in advance for your response!! Merry Christmas!:D

jay

Hi Jay, can't help u with the Casa Mexicana part, but I dive with Blue Magic, have been since 07, great operator, boats are clean, fast, never overcrowded ( 6 max), the crews are very helpful and accommodating. As u, we dive our tanks, and can do our own thing..The DM's ( Pumbaa and Denys) are always there to ensure safety and find show things but you dont need to 'follow the leader'.....Nothing but thumbs up!!
Hope this helps...

Hi Jay, can't help u with the Casa Mexicana part...

I can fill in some info on Casa Mexicana. Stayed there one year ago this weekend. Great property, especially if you get a room with a view. The breakfasts are great. The downside is if you want a pool - their pool looks like a kiddy pool at best.

Dove with blue magic last year and I could not say enough nice things about the crew or the shop. A must is the burrito shop around the corner from the shop!!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There has been a complete change of ownership over that time period...

Totally correct! Joyce Mustin, the previous owner sold to Yuval Tamari, the present owner, and Yuval has certainly done a great job advancing the operation.
Change of operators can often lead to problems, but in Blue Magic Scuba's case it has been a smooth transition and today it is more solid and credible than ever.
Look forward to Jan 13!!!

Dove with blue magic last year and I could not say enough nice things about the crew or the shop. A must is the burrito shop around the corner from the shop!!!!!!

Blue Magic Scuba is not a bad shop, but Burritos Gorditos is good whether you dive with them or not...

Enrique ("Pumbaa") is good, and they have some other good staff. They did lose Sandro and Gabriel in the transition, though, and after a couple of trips after Joyce sold to Yuval we moved on to another shop.

One great thing about Cozumel diving is that there are so many different options with something for everyone.

Since we will be there in Feb, any idea what Sondro is doing now? We followed him from dive shop to dive shop for the past 10 years, and became friends. Would be cool to run into him this trip.

Sandro is back at Deep Blue for now. I can PM you his Facebook account or mobile number if that would help (he should be on Whatsapp).

Gabriel is now Operations Manager at Del Mar Aquatics.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom